August 12, 1868 - At the homestead site of David A. Bogardus, 40 rods north of the Solomon River and 3 miles southeast of Willow Springs (present Day Beloit).
It was at the Bogardus cabin that Davi... Bell-Bogardus Indian Massacre and Cemetery
When Col. William Newton Kinslow died in Beloit on Oct. 18, 1948, many attended his funeral, but no one bought him a head stone to mark his final resting place.
At 6'7", Kinslow was a member of the... Col. William Newton Kinslow
Beloit has a well maintained system of parks and recreation facilities. The city has 4 parks covering 50.2 acres. There are six reservoirs and lakes within 60 miles of Beloit, the closest being Waconda Lake located 11 miles west.
Beloit's annual events include a county-wide 4
Built in 1901 for a total of $38,310. of 8" pitchfaced native limestone, of Richardsonian Romanesque design.
The Seth Thomas four-faced clock in the courthouse tower was installed in 1904 and paid for by donations. Originally run by hand, the clock was electrified in 1950. Of the 25 rooms on 3
A herd of buffalo may be seen grazing contentedly near Beloit, Ks. The herd of 27 started in March 1978 by Larry, Jr. has now been increased to over 300 head. The Butterfield's opened a retail outlet store in 1979
A structure built of native limestone completed in 1904 in the form of a Latin Cross of Romanesque and Gothic style. It was the first church built in the United States with flying buttresses and an entire stone ceiling. The twin towers are 100' tall, 108' including the crosses adorning each tower.