The Museum was founded in 1990 by a group interested in preserving the history of the oil and gas industry.
The main building of the museum displays various phases of the oil and gas industry, including geology, drilling, well completion, production, refining and products manufactured with oil. This building also houses the Hall of Fame with biographies and pictures of inductees.
Included in the main building are:
- Product Room which provides an eye-opener on how many products we use each day that are made from petroleum.
- Library Room contains books, newspapers, pictures and history of the Kansas oil and gas industry.
- Production Room has models of different types of production facilities, illustrating how the equipment functions.
- Drilling & Completion Room has a model drilling rig and explains the procedure taken to drill a well.
- Geology Room offers one of the most interesting exhibits showing cores and samples of different formations, geology, history and maps.
Hours: Call to schedule tours.
Address: 5944 West 10th Street
For more information or tour scheduling call (620) 793-5742 or (620) 792-7033.
Come visit us in Great Bend, Kansas