LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Keeley Institute


category : Historic Buildings
The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are still available for tours.


Hours: By appointment - Call for details. Closed major holidays.
Address: 134 W. Main St.
Phone: 81-584-1652
Our Email: dwighst@fyidwight

Come visit us in Dwight, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Historical Society Museum

The depot, built in 1916, is now the home of the Dwight Historical Society. The purpose is to preserve the history and culture the pertains to the Dwight area. The museum is listed on the National Register of Historical Sites

Dwight, IL Museums

Historic Route 66

Built in the 1920's, Route 66, also known as "The Mother Road," brought many people through Dwight on their way west looking for a more prosperous life. The road has evolved over the years to today's I-55

Dwight, IL Historic Districts

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Village of Dwight in 2001

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

First National Bank of Dwight

Famed architech Frank Lloyd Wright designed and engineered this bank in 1905

Dwight, IL Architecture

Things to do Historic Buildings near Dwight, IL

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville

The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896 by Danville native, Joseph G. Cannon, a member of the Hou...

J.H. Hawes Elevator

Restored grain elevator listed on the National Historic Register. Free tours....

Bank Of Dwight

The Bank of Dwight built in 1855, is the oldest business institution in the village. The Greek Classic design building was re...

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Villag...

Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium

The Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium opened August 23, 1914, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Place...