In March, 1999, the Santa Fe Depot was purchased by a private citizen from the Central Kansas Railway and later deeded to The Santa Fe Depot Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. The railroad... Former Santa Fe Depot
Completed in 1888, the building was originally the Kingman City Hall, fire department, and city jail. The two-story Renaissance-style structure is 150 feet by 25 feet of Kingman red brick and native limestone.
Kingman's Riverside Park is the only island park in Kansas and is complete with a walking path, baseball fields, horseshoe pits, swimming pool, two play areas, fairgrounds, rodeo arena, sand volleyball and fishing pond.
Donald R. Green was originally from Kentucky but learned to ride a stage coach while living in Montana. Hearing about how people were moving westward through Kansas during the late 1800s beyond where the railroads ended, he saw a financial opportunity.
Among the really historical relics of Kingman which is seen perhaps most often, and appreciated for its historical value, is the Library Clock, over 100 years old. The old clock kept time in Peter Miller'