In March, 1999, the Santa Fe Depot was purchased by a private citizen from the Central Kansas Railway and later deeded to The Santa Fe Depot Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. The railroad itself has been purchased by the Watco Co., Pittsburg, KS, who operate the railroad as Kansas &
Donald R. Green was originally from Kentucky but learned to ride a stage coach while living in Montana. Hearing about how people were moving westward through Kansas during the late 1800s beyond where the railroads ended, he saw a financial opportunity.
Among the really historical relics of Kingman which is seen perhaps most often, and appreciated for its historical value, is the Library Clock, over 100 years old. The old clock kept time in Peter Miller'
Kingman State Fishing Lake and Byron Walker Wildlife Area are located on U.S. Highway 54 seven miles west of Kingman, in the valley of the South Fork of the Ninnescah River. The area encompasses 4,529 acres, including the 144-acre Kingman State Fishing Lake.
Completed in 1888, the building was originally the Kingman City Hall, fire department, and city jail. The two-story Renaissance-style structure is 150 feet by 25 feet of Kingman red brick and native limestone.