The Kearny County Historical Society has purchased the old, 12-sided barn on the west edge of Lakin. It was restored at its present site, and then moved to a foundation at the Museum Complex in 2001.
... Round Red Barn
The Commercial Hotel built in 1883 and run by Mrs. W.P. Loucks, had a good trade. Mrs. Loucks, the genial hostess, was the pioneer hotel keeper of Lakin. She came here in 1879 when Lakin was a way sta... Old Commercial Hotel
Beymer Water Recreation Park offers a variety of activities for the outdoorsman. Swimmers may cool off at the designated swim beach, while picnickers enjoy a barbecue on the many tables and grills. A covered picnic shelter is available for large parties. Reservations may be made at the County Clerk\
The Conestoga Wagons were used primarily to haul freight on the Santa Fe Trail and other freight trails. They could handle two tons of goods. The wagon in our displayed in the Museum Comples bears the inscription "Joseph Edgar - 1831".
There is a series of 1939