Upcoming Events in Lincoln Kansas
Coed Softball Tournaments
- Charity Coed Softball Tournaments are played throughout the summer months.
Recreation Director Office: 213 W. Lincoln Ave.
Office Phone: 785-524-5212
Cell Phone: 785-524-6015
|7 - 8||
- 28th annual REENACTMENT SCHEDULE, FEB 9 & 10, 2018
Featuring the 1858 Lincoln/Douglas Debates and an Afternoon Past in the Marshall-Yohe Home
FRIDAY, FEB 9
6:30 pm Lincoln County Historical Museum 216 W Lincoln Ave: screening of "Living With Lincoln"
8:15 DISCUSSION led by Marla Matkin, Hill City, KS, & Jack Crispin, Lincoln, KS
SATURDAY, FEB 10
8:30 am Marshall-Yohe House 316 S 2nd Street
President’s Breakfast for Lincoln Look-A-Likes and Performers
9:15 Lincoln County Courthouse 216 E Lincoln Ave
Ticket sales begin and Period Music by Mattson & Weaver, Salina, KS
9:50 Welcome & Introductions by Jack Crispin, Lincoln, KS, Master of Ceremonies
10:00 The Lincoln Douglas Debates of 1858: Tom Leahy, Conway Springs, KS as Abraham Lincoln; Bud DeArvil, Lincoln, KS, as Stephen Douglas
11:25 Mary Todd Lincoln: In the Eye of the Storm Marla Matkin
11:45 Break and Sing-A-Long Interlude
12:00 Lincoln Look-A-Like Ceremony: Drummer: Anthony Burlingame, Lincoln, KS
The Gettysburg Address presented by Tim Rust, Wichita, KS
Winner selected by audience vote
12:30 pm Christian Community Center 137 N 4th Street
Buffalo Stew Meal: a sturdy stew with biscuits, fruit, and cherry pie
1:30 Marshall-Yohe Home 316 S 2nd Street Experience an 1800's Afternoon Past
Drop by various rooms and listen in on Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln, Thomas Ewing, Jr.,(Civil War
General from Kansas), and Billy Herndon, (Law partner of Abraham Lincoln)
Presenters: Tom Leahy, Marla Matkin, Jack Crispin, Dan Metz, Lincoln, KS
In the Parlour and Dining Rooms sing along with the pump organ and phonograph, play board games
sample cookies, pose with the Lincolns for keepsake photos, take time to visit.
$20 adult: all day and meal; $8 adult afternoon only Free: Students all day and meal
Sponsored by the Lincoln County Historical Society Reenactment Committee; funded
in part by Lincoln County businesses, organizations and persons who love history
785 524 5133, firstname.lastname@example.org , updates at villagelines.com
|30 - 20||
- Area gardeners will be selling their produce Saturdays on the Main Street of Lincoln (Lincoln Ave). Sponsored by the Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce.
Lincoln City-Wide Garage Sales
- Clean out has begun and sales will be taking place in various locations around town. 8:00 am – 1:00 pm.
After Harvest Music Festival
- Lincoln Art Center After Harvest Music Festival with live music, fireworks, and BBQ from 7 to 10 p.m. Mattson & Weaver, Don Wagner and Music Jam! Hot dogs and burgers, potluck dishes and desserts, beer garden and bottled water, fireworks! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets.
AbracaDebra will bring her monster bubbles too!
Address: Lincoln Golf Course , Lincoln, Kansas
|7 - 8||Co-Ed Slow Pitch Softball Tournament - Co-Ed Slow Pitch Softball Tournament sponsored by the Lincoln Chamber & Rec Department. Double Elimination Bracket play $150.00 Per Team with T-Shirt included. 10 team Roster - 5 males & 5 females. ASA rules. Games will begin on Friday Aug 11 at 5 or 6 p.m. and then start again on Saturday, 8:00 am – 11:00 pm.|
Post Rock Festival
- GREAT FESTIVAL FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY ! The day gets an early start with the Lincoln Recreation Department’s Post Rock Classic, which includes a walk, run and kids’ competition. Registration begins at 7 a.m., with the first race – a two-mile walk – beginning at 7:30 a.m. The 5K run starts at 8:15 a.m., followed by the kids’ run at 9:15 a.m.
Other activities include a Soap Box Derby, Porcelain Chariot Races, Parade, Food, Inflatables, Mud Volleyball, The Price is Right, Horseshoe tournament, Cardboard Boat Races, Beer Garden, One Man Band (Dave Pickering), Laser Tag, Scavenger Hunt, Fireworks and Dance featuring Rice County Line. Costs Varies for events.
For more information, contact Lincoln Recreation Department Director Jessica Clay at 785-524-6015 or email her at email@example.com.
Lincoln Car, Motorcycle & Bicycle Show
- 70 Trophies Plus Door Prizes Participant Voting
Plaque awards to top 40 entrants & top 10 motorcycles
20 total Best awards
Public welcome BBQ Lunch can be purchased
Noon Free Meal with Registration
$20.00 Day of Show
Holiday Craft Fair
- Craft Fair which includes 40+ booths. Some products include homemade jewelry, wood crafts, metal works, fabrics, home decor, artists calendars and notes, stained glass, candles, funky birdhouses, baked goods and many more. Food booth available all day.