LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Love-Larson Opera House


category : Opera Houses
Love-Larson Opera House

The theater was built by James Wheeler Love in 1888. In 1905 it was purchased by Louis P. Larson and renamed the L. P. Larson Opera House. The three-story brick and stone building is a landmark in the town of Fremont and is one of the largest opera houses still remaining in the United States. The first floor has always been used as a business location with the Opera House above. Seating capacity originally 1,100. The dark red brick with lighter sandstone trim is characteristic of the popular Romanesque Revival style. The Opera House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

A local nonprofit corporation, Friends of the Fremont Opera House, was organized to preserve the historic building as a performing arts and community center.

Rented for parties and meetings.


Hours: Open by appointment
Address: 541 North Broad Street
Phone: 402-727-0355

Come visit us in Fremont, Nebraska

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Fremont Dinner Train

Experience the ambience...take a look back in time aboard 1940s heated and air-conditioned, elegantly attired cars. The train operates from Fremont to historic Hooper, a 30 mile round trip up the beautiful Elkhorn River Valley. Stop at downtown Hooper's Main Street, built in the 1890

Fremont, NE Excursions

Historic Visitors Center

The former Fremont Post Office building celebrated its opening August, 2000, as the new home to the Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce and several other non-profit agencies.

Fremont, NE Historic Post Offices

Historic District Walking Tour - Downtown

Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'

Fremont, NE City Walking/Driving Tour

Samuel Bullock House

An example of the Greek Revival style, the house was built in 1869 in Fremont for Samuel Bullock, a prominent interior decorator. In the 1890s the frame lean-to in the rear was replaced by a brick addition. The house was

Fremont, NE National Register

Ideal Steam Laundry

The original building was constructed in 1884 by Charles Osterman and George Tremaine, wholesale produce dealers in Fremont. The Ideal Steam Laundry, Johnson and Company, proprietors, moved into the building in 1894 and doubled the size of the structure in 1911

Fremont, NE National Register

Things to do Opera Houses near Fremont, NE