Upcoming Events in McConnelsville Ohio
3rd Saturday on the Square
- On the 3rd Saturday of the month from May to December the streets and sidewalks of downtown McConnelsville are alive with the displays of numerous area artists, muscians and crafts people. This monthly event celebrates the talents of the people and the quaintness of small town Main Street. The days activities begin at 4:00pm and continue until dark. At 7:00pm the Ohio Valley Opry Show begins at the historic Twin City Opera House and the sounds of gospel, bluegrass and country favorites fill the air. Also participating in the evening gala are the other downtown businesses including all the estaurants who offer monthly specials such as homemade pie, fresh roast coffee, pulled pork sandwiches during the summer time Backyard Bar-B-Que Show and often homemade ice cream. Many surprises come around each month. Advance tickets for the Opry are available by calling 740-558-2283 or the day of the show. General admission is $7.00, reserved seats are $8.00.
Outdoor Extravaganza 2008
- Sponsored by the M & M Kiwanis and the Twin Community Jaycees the Outdoor Extravaganza is an adult event full of fun and prizes. A $100.00 ticket enters the purchaser into the drawing for over $300,000.00 in cash and prizes!
Prizes include items such as these in 2007: Chevy Colorado 4WD, extended cab pick-up, 2007 Dodge Calber SXT, Bullfrog 331 Hot Tub, Honda Rancher 400 4x4 ATV, a Nascar Vacation Package, $750.00 Cabela's gift certificate, cash prizes of $5000.00, $7500.00, $12,500.00 and $30,000.00, and much, much more. Held at the Morgan County Fairgrounds, the doors open at 8:00am with prize drawings beginning at Noon and continuing every 5 minutues until 6:00pm.
Free food and soft drinks provided from 11:00am to 5:00pm. Beer will be sold for $1.00 per glass. Proper ID required. Guest tickets can be purchased for $20.00, limit one guest per ticket holder. Winners must present ticket and government issued photo ID with social security number to claim prizes.
Winners need not be present to win, must 18 years of age to enter fairgrounds and to participate. For more information visit www.outdoor-ext.com.
23rd Annual M&M Jaycees Cruise-In
- From 3PM to 9PM on the second Saturday in June the 1890's town square in downtown McConnelsville cruises back to the days of the Sunday drive with it's annual 1950's style "cruise-in" and open car and truck show.
This event is open to any antique, restored or modified vehicle regardless of date. It is a judged show and prizes are awarded in 21 classes amounting to 66 awards. An onsite DJ is there all day playing music of the cruisin' era and providing, at 6:00pm, musical salute to the "Gone but not Forgotten Cruisers". Admission and parking are free and refreshments are available from street vendors or at any of the nearby restaurants.
McConnelsville is located halfway between Zanesville and Marietta on State Route 60 and 26 miles west of I-77 on State Route 78.
|4 - 6||
21st Annual Civil War Encampment Days
- Civil War Reenactors line the streets of downtown McConnelsville during the annual Civil War Encampment Days held every July in Morgan County. Most activities are open to both reenactors and the general public and provide something for every taste.
Weekend events include a night time cannon firing over the Muskingum River, tours by lamplight of both the Union & Confederate camps each evening, a ladies tea (period clothing required), the formal ball, several skirmishes on the downtown streets and the big battle reenactment at "Doc Richmonds" farm on Sunday afternoon ends three days of fun and exciting living history.
All events are free and open to the public as is "Sutler's Row", the period marketplace selling reproduction wares and clothing. On hand to beat the heat is plenty of cold and tasty sarsparilla.
|13 - 14||
Howard Chandler Christy Art Show
- The Howard Chandler Christy Art Show has been part of the Morgan County summer event line-up for 40 years. Held in the Grove on the edge of downtown McConnelsville this small, outdoor art show offers some of the best in local and regional fine art and craft.
Musical entertainment, demonstrations by the artists and craftspeople, art related activites for children and "festival foods" are an important part of this event. Prizes are awarded in a variety of catagories.
Admission and parking are free and the Grove is located within walking distance of downtown McConnelsville for easy access to additional shopping and sightseeing. Hours are 11:00a to 6:00p on Friday, July 30 and noon to 5:00p on Sunday, July 31.
24th Annual M&M Jaycees Fall Festival Open Auto & Truck Show
- "Check out" some really hot vehicles, explore the antique show and flea market, and visit the parts swap meet at this big show, open to all antique, original, restored and modified vehicles, plus motorcycles and antique tractors. Awards are given in 26 classes for a total of 84 trophies being presented.
Address: Morgan County Fairgrounds