Upcoming Events in McPherson Kansas
|The Main Event- where good times meet great deals - Mark your calendars for the First Thursday of each month, because those are the dates of "The Main Event- where good times meet great deals." McPherson businesses will be open Downtown from 5-9 pm for sales, demonstrations, entertainment, food and good times. Each month local talent will be performing at different locations downtown. Save the First Thursday of each month for "The Main Event" in downtown McPherson.|
|30 - 2||
McPherson Gem & Mineral Club Annual Sale and Swap
- Admission is free to this family friendly event. Hours are - Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Sunday 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Auction: Saturday Evening 7:15 PM.
Enjoy a stroll through the 4-H Building and the surrounding grounds looking at fossils, gems, and minerals from around the world. Take home your own fossil, gem, mineral or piece of handmade jewelry. It's a great place to shop for a unique Mother's Day gift!
Address: 710 W. Woodside / 4-H Building and grounds , McPherson, Kansas
|30 - 1||
McPherson College Car show
- C.A.R.S. Club, or College Automotive Restoration Students, is a student led club open to any McPherson student interested in antique and collector cars. The culmination of the year is the student led C.A.R.S. Show in the Spring, where students plan their own large car show unlike anything else in the area, attracting participants from around the country.
Drive-in car show on Main street Friday Evening May 1st.
Car show on Mcpherson College Campus Saturday, May 2nd
For more information/To pre-register visit http://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/cars/
Address: 1600 E Euclid St , McPherson, Kansas
|3 - 8||
All Schools Day Celebration
- FIRST WEEK - The Annual McPherson County All Schools Day Celebration began in 1914. Week-long carnival. Winding of the maypole at Lakeside Park. On Friday a two-hour long parade on Main Street. The parade features the City of McPherson Pipe Band, floats and marching bands.
Tour de Trails
- Central Kansas Conservancy in collaboration with the McPherson County Runegades are pleased to announce their first ever Tour de Trails Event to Promote the Central Kansas Rails- to-Trails Project! Event starts at 8:00am.
What better way to wrap up the exciting All School’s Day Festivities than to hit one of McPherson County’s newest amenities! The 1st annual Tour de Trails Event will take place on Saturday, May 10th, 2014 at the Meadowlark Trail Head. This year’s event will feature two running/walking distances: 8 miles or 4 miles. The race path for these events is a 100% trail course winding over McPherson County’s Beautiful Meadowlark Trail. Our bikers will get 4 miles on the Meadowlark Trail and a scenic loop around McPherson County roads.
The 8 mile option will be an out and back route which will begin at the Meadowlark Trail Head and extend North 4 miles to Pawnee Road before participants will be directed to turn around and head back South to the Trail Head. The 4 mile event will end at Pawnee. Arrangements have been made for participants choosing the 4 mile option to be transported back to the Trail Head. This event is FAMILY FRIENDLY and open to Runners and Walkers!
The 9 mile bike route will extend North 4 miles to Pawnee before being directed to head West for 1/2 mile to 13th Ave. At 13th, they will head South for 4 miles back to Moccasin, for another 1/2 mile before ending back at the Trail Head.
This year’s events will give each participant the chance to sample the beauty of a local trail running/biking and walking venue. Bikers, Runners and Walkers of all skill are invited to attend – from advanced to novice – this race has something for everyone!
So, let us lace up those shoes, grab some friends and come dominate some trails! Run/Bike local, support local!
All Proceeds stay right here in McPherson and Marion County and will directly benefit the Central Kansas Conservancy’s Rails-to-Trails Project!
Schedule of Events:
7:00-7:45 Registration/ Packet Pick up
8:00 – Race starts
10:30- Awards presentation
10:30-12:00-Finish Line Festivities!
Enjoy refreshments, give-aways and music!
Meadowlark Trail Head in McPherson, Kansas
just west of Old 81 and Moccasin (If you head west on North View you will run into Moccasin)
4 Mile Race
$25 if post marked by 4.26.14 (T-shirt included in the price of registration)
$35 if post marked after 4.26.14 (T-Shirt sizes not guaranteed for those registering after 4.26.14)
8 Mile Race
$30 if post marked by 4.26.14 (T-shirt included in the price of registration)
$40 if post marked after 4.26.14 (T-shirt sizes not guaranteed for those registering after 4.26.14)
9 Mile Bike Race
See Fees for the 8 Mile Run/Walk
*If under 14, must be accompanied by a guardian
Register Online at http://www.active.com/mcpherson-ks/running/distance-running-races/tour-de-trails-race-series-2014 . Online Registration closes on May 9, 2014 at 12:00am
By mail, Download the 2014 Tour de Trails Brochure from http://www.centralkansastrails.org/activities/tour-de-trails/
make checks payable to: Central Kansas Conservancy
1009 N. Walnut
McPherson, Ks 67460
June Bloom Garden Tour at McPherson
- Tour of five beautiful gardens with displayed art available to tour. 9am-3pm.
Ph: 800-324-8022 (Always call and confirm events)
|4 - 15||
McPherson County 4-H Fair
- Over 3000 4-H exhibits in 36 divisions (400 youth in McPherson County participate).
Address: McPherson 4-H Grounds , McPherson, Kansas
|10 - 18||
McPherson County Fair
- McPherson County Fair, Canton, KS Fairgrounds. Third week in July. In addition to Open class and 4-H exhibits, there's a rodeo, demolition derby, nightly entertainment, and lots of food.
Address: Canton, Kansas , McPherson, Kansas
Mowbray Metric Bicycle Ride
- The Mowbray Metric is designed to be a fun ride and not a race with a choice of three routes to ride. Pre-registration and on-site registration, SAG stops, Collectors t-shirt, Full lunch in air conditioned building featuring homemade ice cream!
6:45 a.m. ……..Registration (We now accept credit cards)
7:30 a.m. Mowbray Metric Mass Start
Lunch will be provided at 112 E Euclid, McPherson Senior Center after participants finishes the ride (building is air conditioned).
Address: Park School 210 N Elm, McPherson, KS , McPherson, Kansas
|13 - 14||When Pigs Fly BBQ/Fly-in - KC Sanctioned BBQ contest, music, powered parachute, plane rides, simulator rides, pony rides, tractor pull, great food, and other entertainment. Always held the weekend before Labor Day.|
Annual MAC ROD RUN
- This free event will allow the public an opportunity to see restored and modified cars from classic, nostalgic eras. There will be a trivia contest and a 50/50 pot drawing in which contestants who enter stand a chance of winning half of the total if their name is drawn. The other half will be donated to a McPherson charity. There also will be classic rock of the '50's and '60's. 8am-3pm.
The United Way will have a concession stand offering hamburgers, bratwursts and pulled pork sandwiches with all proceeds going to the United Way.
Address: Lakeside Park , McPherson, Kansas
|18 - 19||
McPherson Scottish Festival
- Two full days of family entertainment in a shady, attractive park. Fun for everyone, whether Scottish or not. Crafts and games for children. Unique Highland heavy athletic competitions. Fourth weekend in September.
This year the Festival honors the clans and families of Scotland, with Clan Henderson as the host clan. Clan Stewart Society in America will hold their Annual General Meeting in conjunction with the festival, with attendees expected from across the U.S.
The American Bus Association named the festival as one of the top 100 events in North America in 2009.
National and regional musicians. Scottish and Irish folk singers and instrumentalists including Scottish balladeer Alex Beaton and others.
Several bagpipe bands; Highland dancers; border collies herding sheep; Irish dancers; clogging; Celtic harpists.
Also, clan information tents, genealogy, British cars, Celtic products, food court, falcon exhibit, Highland cattle, Sunday church service. At Lakeside Park, US 56, McPherson, KS. Evening performances Friday and Saturday (offsite).
Youth aged 12 and under admitted free with an accompanying adult.
Address: Lakeside Park, N side of Kansas Ave ( US 56) , McPherson, Kansas
|18||Fall Festival - Outdoor event with hands-on pioneer activities for the whole family. 4:30-7:30 p.m.|
Talents Galore Lunch and Craft Fair
- Saturday, October 19th, 9am-3pm at New Gottland Lutheran Church. Coffee and Cinnamon Rolls served 9-10:30am and 11am-2pm Soup lunch (Deluxe Potato Soup and Steak Soup) will be served. The lunch, morning coffee and rolls will be "free-will" donation. Swedish Tea Rings, Swedish Rye Bread, Spritz Cookies, Sand Hill Plum Jelly and many more yummy baked goods will be for sale. We also have a colorful selection of hand-crafted items for holiday gift giving. Come see our newly renovated Fellowship Hall. Our church is handicap accessible - enter on the North Side of our beautiful red brick church just 1/2 mile east of I-135 on 17th Ave.
Address: 1822 17th Ave, McPherson, KS 67460 --- 1/2 mile East of I-135 between Pawnee and Overland , McPherson, Kansas
FSAS 5k Wagathon
- This race is a 3.1 mile walk or run and will benefit the Salina Animal Shelter. Feel free to take part in the race with or without a leashed dog. The race path is a 100% trail course winding through Webster Conference Center's Nature Trail. Race director will have the right and responsibility to cancel or delay the event due to extreme or dangerous weather.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
7:00-8:00 Registration/ Packet Pickup, Vender/Information Booths Open/Silent Auction Items up for Bid
8:30 - Race starts
9:30- Awards presentation
10:00- Costume Contest!
For a $5 donation enter your pet into the contest. Prize will be
awarded for the overall crowd favorite.
9:30-11:00-Finish Line Festivities!
Enjoy refreshments, give-aways and music!!
Register at http://www.active.com/running/salina-ks/fsas-5k-wagathon-2013
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-the-Salina-Animal-Shelter-5k-Wagathon/198375376852297?id=198375376852297&sk=info
MCDS Charity Softball Tournament
- This Tournament is a fundraiser for a non-profit organization. We are raising money to spend on our clients Christmas this year. We work with all age groups of clients who have MR/DD. The Tournament cost is $150 per team ( Due by Oct. 24th). We are wanting to get 20 teams so we can have 5 pools of 4 teams. Please call 620-241-6693 to speak with Jaime Shell or Kiley Herring to get signed up and more information or you can email me at email@example.com
Address: Wall Park fields in McPherson on Maxwell St. , McPherson, Kansas
Christmas at the Vaniman Mansion
- The Museum is decorated for Christmas to include a number of trees.
Address: 1130 E. Euclid , McPherson, Kansas
|27 - 28||Christmas Open House - Horse-drawn sleigh rides, view exhibits, and live music and refreshments. 7-9pm.|