After a spirited disagreement the county seat was moved from Lowell to Minden, and a frame building was erected on this site in 1879. The cornerstone of the present building was laid July 17, 1906. Ge... Kearney County Court House
At the southeast corner of the square is the Minden Post Office. It was completed in 1937 in the style called by some "WPA Moderne". The mural over the postmaster's door was painted by Willow E. Bunn in the WPA artists' program in 1939.
The Minden depot is a brick/stucco structure completed in 1913. The original frame depot was then used as a freight house placed to the west of the passenger depot. The engineering department of the old CB&Q, predecessor of BN, designed several floor plans during the period of 1910-1920