This scene shows the Pawnee Indian Village which was located one mile south of Genoa, Nebraska from 1858 to 1878, with their great Chief Petalesharo in the foreground. It is a picture of a large mural, 9' x 38'
The brick smokestack stands alone where at one time it was attached to the power house that made steam heat which heated the buildings at the Indian Industrial School through underground tunnels. Electricity was also produced in this building.
St. Rose of Lima church is of Gothic architecture, its arches pointing heavenward like hands pressed together in prayer. Built in 1951, this building is the new St. Rose, an imposing stone structure that replaces the frame church made inadequate by the rapid growth of St. Rose of Lima parish.