Upcoming Events in Newark Ohio
Arbor Day Festival
- It is Arbor Day at The Arboretum! A celebration of trees and nature, presented by Park National Bank. Expect a fun-filled day with hands-on learning opportunities for families including crafts, displays, and tree climbing. Learn about animals that live in our trees during a special animal encounter by our friends at the Ohio Bird Sanctuary! The Arboretum will showcase a plant sale offering a variety of healthy nursery plants. Plus, the first 300 families will receive a free tree to plant in honor of the holiday!
Address: The Dawes Arboretum, 7770 Jacksontown Road SE , Newark, Ohio
St. Francis Spring Festival 5K Road Race & 1.5 Mile Family Fun Walk
- Join us for The Annual St. Francis Spring Festival 5K Road Race & 1.5 mile Family Fun Walk. Registration $18 prior to 4/30 (includes shirt) after 4/30 Registration Fee $20. Race start time 10am, Registration begins at 8am Start/Finish line 5th St.(St. Francis East Parking lot) Age group prizes. Look for registration forms at The Licking County Family YMCA or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Address: Start/Finish 5th St. Newark, OH , Newark, Ohio
|26 - 28||
Newark - Strawberries on the Square Festival
- Join us for the Annual Strawberries on the Square Arts and Crafts Festival. Enjoy 3 Days of scrumptious strawberry shortcake, Fresh berries, Arts and Crafts with Rides and Games for the whole family.
Address: Downtown Newark , Newark, Ohio
|14 - 17||
Annual National Heisey Collector's Convention
- The convention includes a show and display, educational seminars and social events. Held at Adena Hall on the Ohio State University Newark campus.
Address: Ohio State University Newark, Country Club Drive , Newark, Ohio
Zonta Champagne Luncheon, Silent Auction
- Zonta Club of Newark presents their annual Champagne Luncheon, Silent Auction & Style Show. Doors Open at 10:00am. Main Sponsors: Park National Bank, Licking Memorial Health Systems and Wing, Mack, Smith & Bang DDS. This year's beneficiaries are The Look Up Center and Together We Grow Gardens. Enjoy a served lunch during our Style Show featuring local stores, Tre Bri Boutique, My Mariah's Boutique, Catos and A Formal Affaire. We have several great Silent Auction items for you to bid on, spin the fortune wheel, gift card tree and Ring Raffle! Ring donated by HL Arts, est value of $2,500.00. Visit our Facebook Page for more info. Thank you to our main sponsors & to our secondary sponsors WCLT, Home Instead, 3C Technologies and John Hinderer Honda. Tickets are $35.00. Call 740.404.7961 for tickets.
Address: Moundbuilders Country Club, 125 N 33rd St , Newark, Ohio
- Join us for a stroll under the stars as we listen and watch for the changes happening all around us in The Arboretum. Daylight intensity changes have triggered animals to either start migrating or start preparing for the winter ahead. We'll talk about what's going on around us and the Naturalist will lead you through a forest full of autumn noises.
Address: The Dawes Arboretum, 7770 Jacksontown rd , Newark, Ohio
|30||Annual Car/Motorcycle Show and Yard Sale - Car registration $10 10:30; Car Show 11:30am - 2:30pm; Yard sale 8:30am - 2pm; rental space $10; if using our tables $15. Corn Maze Food available for purchase.|
Annual Downtown Christmas Kick-Off
- You're all invited to attend the official start of the Holiday Season in Newark on the Friday after Thanksgiving from 4:00pm till 8:00pm. It begins with the CMD's first annual "Christmas Market" with dozens of vendors, decorations, a community Christmas Tree and food trucks. A special feature will be family holiday portraits available from Argyle Photography.
Also at the Canal Market, the traditional 'Night After Thanksgiving' Christmas program will feature the annual holiday music program and sing-a-long and the excitement of Santa's arrival. Santa will then bring forth a colorful 'red, white and green' Holiday Fireworks show over downtown Newark.
The music program begins at 6:00pm with many of your holiday favorites performed by community singers, in addition, featured for the 11th consecutive year, will be
the Blessed Sacrament Combined Chorus and "The Heisey Brass" quintet playing a variety of Christmas songs.
The Newark Fire Department will assist with the arrival of Santa in downtown, which is anticipated just after 7:00pm. The 'Jolly Old Elf' will extend his best wishes to the community and with the help of the children will kick-off the Christmas Season in Licking County with a Holiday Fireworks Show.
Also, on display at Canal Market will be the local Salvation Army’s 'World's Largest Red Kettle'. This trailer mounted, eight foot high Red 'Collection' Kettle, is used to promote the annual 'Salvation Army Red Kettle Christmas Campaign' throughout the
community in December.
The 'Elves in Action' will also be at CMD collecting non-perishable food items and donations for those in need this Christmas Season. The Licking County Food Pantry Network will be distributing the food to those in need.
Following the 'festivities' at the Canal Market Place, Jolly Old Saint Nick and his Elves will be at a special Santa House, just south of the CMD Pavilion and along the walkway, to greet families and their children
So, come to downtown Friday afternoon and evening. There will be plenty of parking including the first floor of the County Parking Garage on South Second Street.