LASR.net Homepage




Menu

North Arm


category : Historic Churches
North Arm is the oldest continuously operating Catholic church in the Springfield diocese. Founded in 1817 by 17 families from Kentucky, the journey was blessed by Fr. Theodore Badin, the first Catholic priest ordained in the U.S. The current church was built in 1901,and freatures an original altar from the mid-1800s.


Hours: Tours by appointment only.
Address: St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church 1350th Rd. and 1900th St.
Phone: 217-466-3355
Wheelchair Accessible Facility

Come visit us in Paris, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Pumpkin Works

9 mazes, bon fires, hayrack rides, artisan gifts, 50 varities of pumpkins, gourds, indian corn. 7 Mazes (adult challenging) 5 mazes (wheelchair accessible)bonfires (appointment only) school tours available (appointment only) please no pets!

Paris, IL Mazes

Edgar County Courthouse

This elegant 1893 brick and stone building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Paris, IL Historic Courthouses

Allis Chalmers Tractor Musuem

Come visit Allis Chalmers collection of tractor models from 1914-1957

Paris, IL Museums

Vance Park

Opposite the art center and adjcent to City Hall, Vance Park is an extensively landscaped sunken garden featuring a serpentine brick wall from Thomas Jefferson's design at Charlottesville and lions'

Paris, IL Gardens


Things to do Historic Churches near Paris, IL

Mann's Chapel

Mann's Chapel is the oldest church in Vermilion County. It was constructed in 1857....

The Holy Dormition of the Theotokos Catholicon of the Patriarchal Russian Orthodox Catholic Church

Patriarchate of Moscow and all Russia. Established in 1907 by a group of Russian immigrants who lived and labored in Benld, b...

Cathedral of the Country, St. Mary's Church

Completed in 1910, the Bedford limestone cathedral was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in May 1996....

North Arm

North Arm is the oldest continuously operating Catholic church in the Springfield diocese. Founded in 1817 by 17 families fro...