"This sculpture and the plaza surrounding it are dedicated to the honor of all the stalwart men and women who took part in the greatest land rush of all time - the celebrated Cherokee Strip Run, held on September 16, 1893.
This cowhand perception can be admired on the building north of Delaware Street on 6th. The artist is D.J. Mane, 1993.
Another mural by D.J. Mane (1994) is painted on the north side of the Foster Drug Store depicting the old fashioned soda fountain days at Foster's.
James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90 foot two-story brick building in 1908
The three story building was built in 1924 to house the various Masonic organizations then active in Perry. In recent years the Masons have moved to a new location but their name remains associated with the building listed on the National Historic Register.