The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) a... 1922 Bandstand
Up to 1883 all Catholics in the area belonged to St. Patrick's Church which was organized in 1871. But owing to the increased immigration of the Germans and Poles, some of these members requested Bishop Hogan for a parish of their own. The first St. Mary'
THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER EXTENSIVE DAMAGE FROM THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO. THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH'S NEW BUILDING IS LOCATED ON HWY 97 JUST NORTH OF LAWRENCE COUNTY ROAD 2220 (POWERLINE ROAD).
The Friendship Baptist Church was organized in 1840