Plano Depot - Lyon Farm Museum Complex
category : Railroad History
The Plano Depot was built in Chicago, Illinois and hauled to Plano on flatcars in the 1850's. It was built by the C.B. & Q Railroad (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) in the Gothic Style architecture. The depot was used until 1914 or 1915, when the new depot was built. At that time, its location was moved 1/2 block east and it was used as a freight house and various businesses. It was moved to Lyon Farm at the Kendall County Historical Society museum complex in 1978.
Adjacent to the depot, the Caboose was built in the Aurora, Illinois C.B. & Q (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) shops in 1918. It was used on the Fox River Line for 56 years and moved to Lyon Farm in 1974.
Hours: Open only during special events, or by appointment.
Address: 7935 Illinois Route 71
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come visit us in Yorkville, Illinois