According to historians, when the explorers, Lewis and Clark, were passing by the bluffs near the site of the present town of Newcastle in Dixon County, they noted that one bluff seemed to be on fi... Ionia Volcano
The Adam's House was built in 1882 by E.D. Ayers, a druggist in Ponca in the nineteenth century. In 1904, the house was purchased by Sam and Della Adams who had farmed in Silvercreek Township for several years prior to purchasing the house. In 1934
The Ponca Historic District comprises a ten-square-block area that includes the downtown commercial area and
a portion of the residential environs. The district contains houses, churches, commercial buildings, and public and
Built in 1906, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this is one of Nebraska's outstanding examples of Swedish-American Gothic Revival wood church architecture. The building was designed by Swedish architect, Olof Z. Cervin.