Prince George, Winyah Parish, among the oldest parishes in South Carolina, was formed in 1721. Its church possesses a handsome Jacobean gable which is one of two noteworthy examples remaining in South Carolina. The church, c. 1750, is a rectangular handmade brick building with semicircular apse at the east end and vestibule at the west. From the vestibule and at the roof line rises a square tower, terminating with octagonal sections. One section contains the clock; the other is an arcaded belfry with balustrade, crowned by a cupola like roof and a large cross. The tower and chancel were added in 1824. It was occupied by British troops during the Revolution, at which time the interior was badly burned. The interior features a central aisle leading to the altar in the apse, old box pews, handmade woodwork, a flagstone floor, organ and choir gallery in the west end. The church cemetery is surrounded by a wall of molded handmade brick. The church house, c. 1825, across the street is part of the Georgetown Historic District. Prince George Winyah Episcopal Church is listed in the National Register.