Upcoming Events in Pryor Oklahoma
Miss Pryor Scholarship Pageant
- Since 1950, a Miss Pryor has been crowned in this annual event. While not associated with the Miss Oklahoma/Miss America pageants, the Miss Pryor contest has become a stepping stone for such events. Several winners and contestants of Miss Pryor have gone on to successfully compete for Miss Oklahoma qualifying events, and have gone on to compete for Miss Oklahoma.
Address: Pryor High School Auditorium, 1100 SE 9th St , Pryor, Oklahoma
|15 - 17||Rocklahoma - 3 day outdoor '80s hard rock festival.|
|6 - 7||Amateur Radio Field Day - The Mayes County Amateur Radio Club will hold its Field Day operations in Whitaker Park from Noon Saturday through Noon Sunday. The MCARC will set up temporary radio stations in the main shelter at Pryor's Whitaker Park. This event is a part of the annual nation wide Field Day emergency preparedness drill and contest sponsored by the American Radio Relay League each year. Amateur radio operators will demonstrate how stations can be set up as emergency communications centers in the event of an emergency, and answer questions about amateur radio, too. The public is invited to visit and ask questions. The main focuses of the event will be practicing setting up temporary stations, operating stations continuously for the 24 hour period, and publicizing different aspects of the amateur radio hobby.|
|4 - 5||
Annual 4-Way Rodeo IPRA/ACRA
- This is the local rodeo that has been in Pryor for over 70 years. This is an IPRA / ACRA sanctioned Rodeo that has 2 nights full of events. The events that the rodeo will consist of are Bare Back Bronco Riding, Saddle Bronco Riding, Calf Roping, Steer Wrestling, Cowgirl Barrel Racing, and Team Roping. 8:00 PM.
This rodeo does accept local contestants. The Stock contractor will be Hampton Rodeo Company and to enter call 800-639-9002. Entry fee is $50.00 with a $10.00 stock fee. There will be a $650.00 add pre event.
Gate fees will be going to promote youth rodeo in this area.
From Highway 69 & 20 intersection go east on Graham Ave. to the last stop light which will be Elliott Street and turn left. Once turn left take the first right and go 1 1/2 to 2 miles to the Mayes County Fair grounds and turn right and the rodeo arena will be on the back side of the property behind the fair barns.
Address: Mayes County Rodeo Grounds, East on NE 1st Street , Pryor, Oklahoma
|17 - 19||
American Cowboy Trade Days & the Celebration of the American Cowboy
- The event includes live period reenactments, stage coach and buggy rides, food and entertainment. More than 70 western period merchandise vendors sell all types of cowboy wares including handmade quilts, soaps, beads, guns, ropes, and much more.
Address: Whitaker Park, South Coo-Y-Yah & Park Street , Pryor, Oklahoma
|27 - 31||Mayes County Fair - Bring the family and enjoy this county fair that includes arts and crafts, carnival, livestock judging, food judging and more.|
- The criterium course is closed to traffic, typically less than a mile in distance and is punctuated by sharp corners and speeds of over 30 mph. A crit is one of the most spectator friendly of bicycle races because the spectators get to watch the racers up close. Racers ride multiple laps of the course and generally stay in a tight pack. Races usually last a set amount of time plus a few laps, ie. 30 minutes plus five laps. During the time period, racers are working to maintain position and sometimes just to stay in the race. If a racer goes off the back, he/she continues riding to try and stay in the race. Once lapped, the racer is out. Once the final laps begin, the race heats up and speeds can reach 40 mph or more. The winner is the first over the line. 5pm - Sundown.
Followed by the DAM J.A.M. Bicycle Tour on Saturday.
Address: Whittaker Park , Pryor, Oklahoma
DAM J.A.M. Bicycle Tour
- DAM J.A.M. is Oklahoma's most scenic one-day bicycle tour. A fabulous fall family event, featuring fun rides of 25, 50, 72, or 100 miles! The tour starts and finishes in Pryor, Oklahoma in the gentle foothills of the Ozark Mountains. Located in the heart of Oklahoma's Green Country in beautiful Mayes County, it's within riding distance of more than 2,500 miles of lake shoreline. You'll experience lush countryside, well-paved, shady rural roads, DAM J.A.M.'s world-famous festive rest stops, and some of the best support of any bicycle ride...anywhere. 6:30 am - 5 pm. Always the first Saturday after Labor Day.
Address: Whitaker Park , Pryor, Oklahoma
|11 - 12||
Comforts of Home Quilt Show
- Pryor Patchers Quilt Guild's "Comforts of Home" Quilt Show features 150+ quilts, several vendors, door prizes and food on-site. There will also be prize baskets and a quilt for which we will be selling tickets. There will be demos of tips and techniques ongoing both days. 9 am to 4 pm.
Beat the Quilt entry deadline in August. forms are available for download on our website. Our mailing address is Pryor Patchers Quilt Show, P.O. Box 1604, Pryor, OK 74362 and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
|20 - 25||Northeast Oklahoma Art Show - Juried competitive art show, showcasing artists from throughout Northeast Oklahoma. Categories include oil, pastels, photography and sculpture in both junior and senior divisions. Produced by Pryor Area Arts & Humanities Council.|
|10||MidAmerica EXPO - Multi-event expo that includes the Pumpkin Patch Arts & Crafts Show, car show, warbird display, tractor pull, chili cookoff, kid's activities and more. Sat 10am-5pm. Handicap Accessible.|
|10||Annual Pryor Powwow - A Native American powwow celebrating life. Includes Native American food vendors and arts & crafts. Featuring a variety of competitive intertribal dance styles, traditional Native American arts and crafts and food vendors.|
|23 - 24||Pieces of our Lives Quilt Show - Over 100 quilts, judged & non-judged categories, vendor mall, demonstrations, opportunity quilt, craft and quilt boutique, door prizes, country store, and a food concession. Fri. & Sat. 9 am-4 pm. Sponsored by Pryor Patchers Quilt Guild.|