Upcoming Events in Put-in-Bay Ohio
|Boathouse Bar & Grill - The Boathouse is located in the heart of downtown Put-in-Bay serving lunch and dinner in a casual atmosphere. The Boathouse is known for its excellent perch, walleye and homemade walleye chowder. Unwind in the evenings with daily entertainment. Check our website for the latest entertainment schedule and special events taking place. Most Saturdays we offer entertainment throughout the day.|
|Gibraltar Island Tours - Come to Gibraltar Island this summer to learn about the island's history and current Lake Erie research taking place there! Tour guides lead a one-hour walking tour of the island including Perry's Lookout, the geologically significant glacial grooves, Stone Lab buildings, and the outside of Cooke Castle. The second hour focuses on current Lake Erie research conducted at Stone Lab on topics such as mayfly populations, aquatic invasive species, and the federally-threatened, state-endangered Lake Erie water snake. Tours are provided on a first-come, first-served basis, with a maximum of 75 people.|
|10 - 11||
Ohio's Largest Corn Hole Tournament
- Compete for cash and prizes in the Annual Best of Ohio Corn Hole Tournament at Put-in-Bay, sponsored by Budweiser. This incredible event takes place at the Put-in-Bay Resort on their large open pool deck. When staying at one of the sponsor lodging facilities (the Put-in-Bay Resort and the Bay Lodging Resort) entry is FREE!!! There is over $2,000 in cash and prizes including a $500.00 first prize, weekend getaway packages, Jet Express tickets, dinner packages and more! (Please note: entry positions are limited to guests of the above hotels only.)
Saturday night, after the Kings (or Queens) of Cornhole are crowned, everyone is invited to Mr Ed's Bar & Grille for an all-night party with live entertainment and reduced drink prices!
For additional information, please call 1-888-742-7829 and inquire.
Address: Put-in-Bay Resorts , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
|17 - 20||
Victoria Day Weekend
- This special weekend in Put-in-Bay, Ohio commemorates over 2 centuries of peace between the United States, Canada and Great Britain. There will be historical activities in and around the monument. This is by far one of the best kept secrets on South Bass Island if you are looking for fun. Victoria Day is also a federal Canadian public holiday celebrated on the last Monday preceding May 25, in honor of Queen Victoria's birthday.
On Saturday, Downtown Put-in-Bay businesses and island residents join together for one Island-wide, gigantic sale.
Address: DeRivera Park,Delaware Avenue , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Island Wide Garage Sale
- Downtown Put-in-Bay businesses and island residents join together for one gigantic sale on Saturday during the annual Victoria Day Weekend celebration. Take advantage of great discounts on merchandise and various island treasures. The annual sale starts at 10:00 AM, and ends at 4:00 PM. Maps with locations of the garage sales will be distributed the day of the event. Don't miss the big bargains at the Heritage Resale Shop at the Historical Museum.
Address: Island wide. , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Annual 5-Iron Classic Golf Tournament
- Win $10,000 with a hole-in-one at this challenging 9-hole tournament that limits players to a 5-iron and a putter. The Put-in-Bay 5-Iron Classic is sponsored by E-Z-GO Golf Carts.
Other hole-in-one prizes include a set of a new E-Z-GO Golf Cart, a set of Ben Hogan clubs, a Dell Computer and a Bose Radio. Lots of great prizes at each hole for either closest to the pin or longest putt. Win a full set of club in our chipping contest at the ninth hole.
Cost includes greens fees, steak lunch, players kit, all beverages and a chance to win a prize package at each hole. Winning team receives 2008 champions golf shirts embrodiered with 5-Iron tournament logo.
One player came within six inches of a hole-in-one in the 2005 tournament. 4-player teams. Each player hits their own ball and then the team picks the best lie for each hit and everyone hits or putts from that position.
Players enjoy a steak, burgers and dogs with all the fixings for lunch. All beverages are also included.
Held at Saunders Resort on Catatwba Avenue, across from South Bass Island State Park.
Annual Jose DeRivera Founders Day Celebration
- One of the most entertaining and heartfelt weekends of the summer, Founders Day celebrates Hispanic merchant Jose DeRivera who in 1854 purchased South Bass, Middle Bass, Sugar, Gibraltar, Ballast and Starve Islands for a price of $44,000. Throughout the following years, he sold off parcels of the land including the school property for $1 and the St. Paul's church property for $10. This day celebrates the island's heritage and DeRivera's good deeds.
Founders Day means always great food and lots of fun for the entire family. Most of the events are held in DeRivera Park, aptly named after Jose, downtown from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Island entertainment usually performs a free concert in the afternoon from 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM. The Put-in-Bay Hog Roasters often provide a great roast hog picnic lunch for a small donation. Shoppers will be happy to find fantastic bargains at one of the many sale tables and pick up information on one of our non-profit groups that rely on the support of our community and visitors.
July 4th Fireworks at Put-in-Bay
- The island's annual July 4th festivities ends with the Put-in-Bay Business owners and friends of the Bay Fireworks Program at dark on July 4th. This 30-minute pyrotechnic display is shot off a barge anchored in Put-in-Bay's downtown harbor. Great views from the lawn of Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial. Also can be viewed from the downtown docks and waterfront businesses.
This annual event is a great time to bring the family to Put-in-Bay to tour the island and visit Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial. The memorial commemorates the lasting peace between the United States and our northern neighbor, Canada, along the longest peaceful border in the world.
Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry defeated the British Fleet 10 miles west of Put-in-Bay during the late morning hours of September 10, 1813. The 352-foot Doric column that dominates the downtown harbor is a tribute to his victory and the peace that had endured for nearly 200 years.
Put-in-Bay Freedom Concert
- Part of the Put-in-Bay Independence Day celebration, the Put-in-Bay Freedom Concert is held on the porch of Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial's Visitor Center.
Sponsored by the Put-in-Bay Arts Council and the Perry Group. Inspirational patriotic music. Free to the public. Bring a cushion or lawn chair. Concert begins at 7 p.m.
Put-in-Bay's annual Fireworks Program is on July 4 at dark. Fireworks are shot off from a barge in the downtown harbor. Best viewed from the memorial lawn or the downtown dock area.
Address: Perry Memorial, Bayview Avenue , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
|7 - 8||Lake Erie Islands Historical Society Annual Island Auction for History - The Lake Erie Islands Historical Society is hosting their annual auction to raise money to continue their efforts to preserve the history of Put-in-Bay and the neighboring islands. There is a great variety of items offered from island heirlooms to vehicles to boats. Come by and register to bid and do your part in preserving the history of our Great Lake islands. Participants are able to preview the live auction items prior to the start. This event can be incorporated into your plans during your early August trip to Put-in-Bay. Head over to leihs.org closer to the auction date to see featured auction items. Heineman's Winery is the auction location this year. Preview from 4:00 - 6:00; Auction follows from 6:00 - 8:00.|
Barbershop Weekend at the Bay
- More than 15 quartets will perform their own lively songs at the annual Barbershop Weekend on the Bass Islands. The Barbershoppers perform Friday evening at 7 p.m. on the porch of Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial's Visitor Center on Put-in-Bay and Saturday at 7 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket as seating is on the lawn. Both performances are free and open to the public. Groups from across Ohio perform at this event. Great fun for the entire family.
Address: Perry Memorial, Bayview Avenue , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Volleyball Battle on Put-In-Bay
- For more than 25 years, volleyball players have competed in this day long tournament that is so big, it is held both at McCann Field on Toledo Avenue near downtown Put-in-Bay and over on the high school softball field. Over 2,500 players compete in numerous divisions including Open, A, BB, B, C, "Rec"reational. The rules are simple: Co-ed 6s grass; minimum of 2 women on the court; USAV outdoor rules apply; there will NOT be a girl hit rule. The event is sponsored by Lakeview Beach Volleyball. For rental home or waterfront condo rentals call 216-898-9951. Hotel reservations can be made early for this large event by calling 419-285-3101 or 419-285-7427.
Address: Toledo Avenue , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Bash at the Bay - Rascall Flatts Concert
- Rascal Flatts will be the headline entertainment act for the second annual "Bash At The Bay" held at the Put-in-Bay Ohio Airport after a successful first year and proof of concept with last year's Toby Keith concert. The event will be held on August 30th at the Put-in-Bay Airport.
Tickets for the event will go on sale Friday, April 20th and will range in price from $69-$175. They are available for purchase online at ETIX
Address: Put-in-Bay Airport, Langram Road , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
|17 - 19||
Labor Day Weekend at Put-in-Bay
- Join your friends and family for this three day weekend at Put-in-Bay. Many of the islands most popular entertainers appear for multiple venues. Labor Day weekend events include an antique car parade Sunday and Monday afternoon.
|6 - 8||
Put-in-Bay Historical Weekend
- Put-in-Bay celebrates the anniversary of the Battle of Lake Erie on this most historical of weekends. This is a celebration of history, art and music and also a celebration of Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry's naval victory over the British. Since then, there have been two centuries of peace shared by the United States, Canada and Great Britain. A War of 1812 military encampment can be found on the lawn of the Monument Visitors Center all weekend and over 1,000 Boy Scouts camp out in tents on the Memorial's east lawn for their annual camporee on Lake Erie.
Address: Delaware Ave , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Art in the Park
- Area and regional arts and craftspeople display and sell their original works in photography, watercolor, acrylic, pottery, silversmithing, glass, stained glass, fabric, wood and paper downtown in an open-air exhibit. Live demonstrations and a silent auction that benefits the Put-in-Bay Arts Council are key activities and enjoyed by the families that attend. This event runs from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM in DeRivera Park.
Address: DeRivera Park, Delaware Avenue , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
|13 - 14||
Put-in-Bay Boaters New Years Weekend
- Put-in-Bay establishments welcome you to enjoy holiday New Years Eve style festivities including the very popular Monte Carlo casino style street games downtown on Delaware Avenue from 6 pm to 11 pm on Saturday night. Boats in the Put-in-Bay harbor decorate for this fun festive occasion.
Address: Delaware Ave , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
|14||Miller Boat Line Run/Walk 5K at Put-in-Bay - Join more than 700 runners in the Annual 5K at Put in Bay on Saturday. This is a challenging race around the most picturesque island in Lake Erie. Miller Boat Line sponsors this 5K race and One Mile Family Fun Walk that begins and ends at the Boathouse Restaurant in downtown Put-in-Bay. Winner trophies are very unique and true keepsakes. Race proceeds benefit Mother of Sorrows Church. Visit www.5KatPutinBay.com for registration info. Discounted rooms for participants are offered at the Bay Lodging Resort.|
Annual Put-in-Bay Fire Department Clambake
- The annual island style Clam Bake is sponsored by the Put-in-Bay Volunteer Fire Department. The event is held Saturday afternoon from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the Fire Station on Concord Avenue behind the Senior Center. The Clambake "plate" includes a dozen clams, 1/2 chicken, corn, potato, fresh fruit and vegetables. Carry out is available and encouraged! Tickets are only $25.00 per person for a wonderful meal and a great cause. Proceeds are used to update equipment for the Put-in-Bay island fire department. Call 419-285-7805 to place your carryout order or fax your order to 419-285-3709.
Ph: 216-676-1903 (Always call and confirm events)
|5||Put-in-Bay Island Wine Festival - This fun event is located at the Put-in-Bay Winery downtown just along the street from the Boardwalk. It goes from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM and admission is only $6. With your admission, you get a souvenier wine glass Guests get to sample hundreds of foreign and domestic wines, including island wines from Heineman Winery and Put-in-Bay Winery, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon of good food, and excellent wine. Admission is $6 and includes a souvenir wine glass. Sample tickets are $1 and most samples are in the $1-$4 range. Purchase a full bottle to take home. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Put-in-Bay Winery at the Doller Estate on Bay View Avenue downtown. Winery tours and a large silent auction that benefits the Lake Erie Islands Historical Society are some of the activities.|
|12 - 13||
Annual Put-in-Bay Octoberfest
- This Put-in-Bay family tradition celebrates Oktoberfest with lots of food, good beer, and live entertainment by the ever-popular Maxx Band. Great family fun is had by all on Saturday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and again on Sunday from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Come join us and enjoy a wide variety of German foods including spatzel, cabbage rolls, brats, sauerbraten, Wiener schnitzel and all your favorite German sweets! And don't forget the German beer! This event is held under a large tent located on Toledo Avenue across from the BoatHouse. The entry fee is $4.00 for a 1-day pass or $6.00 for a 2-day pass. Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult.
Address: Toledo Avenue , Put-in-Bay, Ohio
|25 - 26||
Halloween Boo Bash at the Bay
- The last hurrah before the end of another amazing season on Put-in-Bay. This is by far one of the best kept secrets of the Midwest. Bring together a fantastic island such as PIB with a bunch of adults in crazy costumes and you are bound to have the most memorable experience. The bars in the downtown Put-in-Bay area are decked out in the most ghoulish wares and revelers are expected to dress to impress. A multitude of costume contests can be participated in throughout the island. Come and see if your group can take home a big prize. A Halloween weekend at Put-in-Bay is a rite of passage that you need in your life. Take advantage of the affordable rates and set sail for the Lake Erie Islands!
Address: Downtown , Put-in-Bay, Ohio