In 1889, the General Conference of the United Brethern Church voted to allow church members to belong to secret orders, which could provide insurance for the members. This caused a break up in the church. The seceders formed the Radical United Brethren Church. The first Radical United Brethren Church built on Elmore at this site burned in 1906. This limestone church was built and used until the congregation disbanded in the 1920's. Later, the Lecompton Town Council purchased the former church for a City Hall and now is also used as the Community Building.
Our Email: LaneMuseum@aol.com
Come visit us in Lecompton, Kansas