Rapid City, South Dakota
Upcoming Events in Rapid City South Dakota
|12 - 14||
Black Hills Sports Show and Sale
- Check out all of the newest recreational vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, campers, and fishing and hunting equipment. Sporting goods and vacation information, too. Seminars for all ages.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center , Rapid City, South Dakota
|17 - 18||
Dakota Territory Gun Collectors Gun Show
- Generally new and antique guns, collectibles, ammunition, supplies, art, antique items, etc.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City , Rapid City, South Dakota
|24 - 25||
Black Hills Home Builders Home Improvement Expo
- This annual regional trade show focuses on the home building industry and is the largest Home Show in the United States for a community of its size. Created and sponsored by the Black Hills Home Builders Association in 1973, the event offers vital information and is an excellent opportunity for businesses to display products and services. Plan now to become part of the Home Show which traditionally hosts over 400 booths with 8,000 people attending in a three day period.
Address: Held at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|3 - 5||
Black Hills Quilters Guild Annual Show
- Along with about 400 plus competition quilts, there will be several special quilt displays such as Caring Heart and Thinking of You quilts and Stashbuster quilts which are displayed in the demo room. The show will feature vendors from all over the country, offering fabrics, embellishments, patterns, books and more, as well as, demonstrators and lecturers. A silent auction to benefit Hospice House of the Black Hills will offer handmade little quilts and quilted objects, from true miniatures to table runners, along with other unique items. A certified AQS appraiser will be available during show hours to do professional appraisals of quilts.
the guild will have an area set up to make quilts for Project Warmth, the charity outreach division of the BHQG. Sewing machines, pre-cut fabric, and anything else you will need to piece a quilt will be provided, along with experienced quilters to answer questions and provide assistance. This is an opportunity to donate some time and for anyone with little or no sewing experience to give quilting a try.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|12 - 13||
West Boulevard Summer Festival
- The Annual Festival will feature over 100 food and crafts booths. Artisans from Rapid City and as far away as Wisconsin. There will be horse-drawn wagon tours of the historic West Boulevard neighborhood with a guide who tells about the history of the homes. Other activities include food, arts and crafts, children's activities, entertainment, and a historic booth with historic photos. Held at Wilson Park.
Address: Wilson Park. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|18 - 20||
Annual Black Hills Mountain Festival
- Combine trail running, rock climbing, sand volleyball, mountain biking, live music, good food, brews and friends, toss in an appearance by one of the country’s foremost experts in backpacking, and you’ve got a recipe for a great weekend of fun at the Black Hills Mountain Fest.
The three-day event will include single track races, rock climbing, hiking, trail running, concerts, outdoor education seminars, vendors, free concerts, craft beers and food. The event starts with Friday's Welcome Social from 5-8:30 p.m. at the Allied Arts "Make Music Black Hills" event at Main Street Square.
Saturday’s events will be held at Founders Park. Races begin Saturday morning with the Black Hills Trail Series Run. The 5K and 10K race will start at 9 a.m. The Mountain Bike Race, a 3-mile loop event, begins at 6 p.m. Saturday will include live music, beer garden, outdoor activity clinics, award ceremonies and a group night ride all located at Founders Park 1510 W Omaha. The event concludes Sunday with a group mountain bike ride and hike.
|17 - 20||
Black Hills Heritage Festival
- The Black Hills Heritage Festival has grown from a small, downtown arts fair attracting 400 visitors, to Western South Dakota's largest free-to-the-public outdoor art and music festival with an estimated attendance of 50,000 - 70,000.
This year's event will feature a Heritage Stage and Children's Tent; Traditional Children's Pow-Wow, Folk and Fine Art exhibits, Main Stage and Acoustic Stage entertainment spread out along the beautiful winding sidewalk of Memorial Park.
You can contact our Festival President, Steve Dary at 605-209-4339, or email email@example.com. Our website, www.bhheritagefest.com will also provide current entertainment information, activities and vendor rules and information.
Address: Rapid City Memorial Park , Rapid City, South Dakota
|10 - 11||
Western Dakota Gem and Mineral Show
- This is the largest rock and gem show in the region. The show has lapidary demonstrations and seminars related to gems, minerals, rocks, and fossils. A silent auction of rocks, minerals, fossils, lapidary items is held. There are displays of collections, exhibits, fluorescent rocks and a children's area. Approximately 10 dealers of gems, beads, and specimens attend from several states.
Saturday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Sunday, 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
|10||Cruiser Car Show & Street Fair - Step back in time as you stroll up and down the streets of Downtown Rapid City during Cruiser Car Show & Street Fair. Classic cars will roll in and stay to show off their rides in the afternoon. Check out the family-friendly auto showcase and be sure to vote for your favorite custom creation. Watch the Rapid City Police Department K9 demonstration, shop the swap meet, play in the Regional Health and Scull Construction Kidz Zone, grab something to eat from a food truck or Downtown eatery, enjoy an assortment of refreshments in the Bud Light Beverage Garden, and rock out to the sounds of Hot City Soul in the evening. Cruiser Car Show & Street Fair is presented by the Rapid City Police Department, Main Street Square and Destination Rapid City.|
|15 - 18||5-State Breeders Barrel Futurity - Barrel racing futurity, barrel racing maturity, kids barrel racing, kids roping, and kids events are all part of this two day event in Rapid City.|
|23 - 24||
Black Hills Square and Round Dance Festival
- Enjoy square and round dancing at this annual festival.
Address: Christian Life Center, 3500 Canyon Lake Rd , Rapid City, South Dakota
|25||Great Black Hills Duck Race - This annual event is a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network. About 18,000 rubber ducks are dropped off a bridge on west Main Street and float 1.5 miles to Memorial Park. Prizes are awarded to the top winners. (Ducks cost $5 each. Buy five ducks and get a free T-shirt.)|
|20 - 29||Central States Fair - Top-name grandstand entertainment, PRCA Rodeos, Supercross, Demolition Derby, Carnival, Beer Tent with Entertainment, Vendors, Kids Activities, and More.|
|11||MS Walk: Rapid City Walk - Walk MS connects people living with MS and those who care about them. This community event raises critical funds to support life-changing programs and cutting-edge research. It is an experience unlike any other — a day to come together, to celebrate the progress we’ve made and to show the power of our connections. Join friends, family and your community and walk to create a world free of MS. For more information and to register, visit myMSwalk.org.|
|18 - 19||
Black Hills Model Engineering Show
- The show is an invitational display of scale-model projects including gas and steam engines, boats, planes, etc. Active demonstrations of the model take place all day.
Address: Central States Fairgrounds, Fine Arts Building. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|25||Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival - Downtown's biggest festival, The Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival, returns on Saturday from 9am-4pm. Visit Main Street Square and venture down Sixth St. and into Memorial Park for a pumpkin catapult, giant pumpkin weigh-off, Kidz Zone, wagon rides, vendors and more. For event details, visit Main Street website.|
|2 - 3||Black Hills Home Builders Fall Parade of Homes - This annual event features new construction homes throughout the Black Hills. Showcase of local builders' talents, new building ideas and more.|
|8 - 10||
Black Hills Pow Wow (He Sapa Wacipi)
- There will be Native American dancing, drum singing contests, princess contest, youth day activities, art shows and expos.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. , Rapid City, South Dakota
Festival of Lights Parade
- Every year, there comes a magical evening when crowds gather and children’s eyes glow with wonder. In downtown Rapid City, floats strung with thousands of lights sparkle in the trees, twinkle on the buildings, and dazzle more than 30,000 spectators. The parade, always held the Saturday after Thanksgiving in downtown Rapid City, marks the official beginning of the Christmas season. Main Street Square comes to life with holiday skaters and steaming cups of cocoa. Anticipation grows… surely the Annual Festival of Lights Parade will begin soon!
This spectacular event, which has earned its reputation as the premier winter event in the Black Hills, is made possible by businesses and organizations throughout the City. The Parade provides a terrific opportunity to show your holiday spirit and leadership in our community. The Festival of Lights parade began as a project of the Rapid City Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Rapid City Class of 1996, and is still hosted by LRC alumni as well as other volunteers. We look forward to seeing you at the Season’s Brightest Event.