Upcoming Events in Roseville Minnesota
The Elephants of Ngorongoro
- Everyone is warmly invited to a special presentation, "The Elephants of Ngorongoro," on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center in Roseville. Donatus Gadiye, Senior Elephant Researcher at the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in Tanzania, will give a talk and slideshow updating the current efforts to protect the elephants and other wildlife. Doors open at 7:00pm with the presentation from 7:30-9:00pm. Light refreshments will be provided.
The Harriet Alexander Nature Center is located at 2520 Dale St. N., Roseville, 55113. For questions please call (651) 765-HANC (4262).
Address: The Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale St. N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Nature Center Open House - Year of the Rat
- Oh, Rats! Come out to the Harriet Alexander Nature Center’s Open House on Sunday for a celebration of rats and their relatives as we mark the Chinese Year of the Rat! From 12:30-4:30pm, discover the playful and curious side of rats and explore the common traits of all rodents as you enjoy some music, treats, and fun customs of Chinese New Year. You can also check out the nature center's regular displays, including the fabulous indoor tree feature, and explore the winter boardwalk out in the marsh.
The HANC Open House is the same day as the annual open house at our parking lot neighbor, the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. This is a once-a-year opportunity to peek behind the scenes at this very busy wild animal “hospital.”
Address: The Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale St. N. , Roseville, Minnesota
|27 - 28||
It's Tapping Time!
- Do you ever wonder where maple syrup comes from? You can find out at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center the last weekend of February for "It's Tapping Time!" Join us on either Saturday or Sunday; drop-in when you want and stay as long as you wish.
Volunteers will demonstrate how to tap maple trees, collect the sap and cook it to make delicious maple syrup. You can learn about traditional syruping methods, listen to Native American stories, make a fun craft and taste maple treats. Kinderberry Hill is donating silver maple tree seedlings, free while the supply lasts (one per family). No charge for this sweet family outing!
For more information, please call the Harriet Alexander Nature Center at (651) 765-HANC (4262). We're located at 2520 N. Dale Street, Roseville, MN 55113 (just south of County Road C).
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale Street N , Roseville, Minnesota
Arts @ the OVAL
- Join us for an early season fine arts exposition and sale of jewelry, pottery, photography, fiber art and paintings by more than 25 juried artists. 10am-4pm.
Address: Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive, Roseville, MN 55113 , Roseville, Minnesota
Earth Day Celebration
- Come help us welcome back Spring and celebrate our planet at the Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, April 25, 2020, 10am - 2pm at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center (HANC) in Roseville. We'll also be marking HANC's 30th birthday. You can check out the exhibits and activities inside the building, visit Eureka's recycling truck in the parking lot and learn more about phenology as you take a guided tour of the marsh on the boardwalk.
Boardwalk tours, activities, crafts and planting for butterflies run from 10am-1pm. The event concludes with the popular Walking Parade and birthday cake for all.
The Harriet Alexander Nature Center is located at 2520 N. Dale Street in Roseville. For more information please call (651) 765-HANC (4262) or visit us online at Harriet Alexander Nature Center | Roseville, MN - Official Website
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale Street N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Wild Rice Festival
- The Harriet Alexander Nature Center (HANC) is pleased to announce its 18th Annual Wild Rice Festival on Saturday, September 18, 2021, 10am-4pm. This family-friendly celebration of wild rice, the Minnesota harvest season, and Native American cultures is an all-day event presented with the assistance of event partners the Pow Wow Grounds Cafe and Gibbs Farm. The Festival is free of admission charge, thanks to generous sponsors. All aspects of the festival will take place on the grounds of the nature center at 2520 N. Dale Street, Roseville, Minnesota.
A major goal of the festival is to provide education to the Roseville area community about local Native American cultures and traditions. You can learn how wild rice is harvested and processed the traditional way, and check out the Gibbs Farm tipi. Seasonal harvest activities might include honey extraction (been an off year for the bees as well) and help press yourself a cup of fresh apple cider. Food concessions include Native American offerings, including fry bread, by Pow Wow Grounds Café.
More information about the Wild Rice Festival, a Zero Waste event, can be found at https://WildRiceFestival.org or by calling the Harriet Alexander Nature Center at (651) 765-HANC (4262).
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 N. Dale Street , Roseville, Minnesota
Annual Tapped & Uncorked Brewfest
- Outdoors at the Roseville OVAL, sample local beer, wine, cider and distilled spirits while dancing to the live music of Power of 10. Food trucks, fun games like Human Foosball, and more! Sales are through Brown Paper Tickets, https://tappedanduncorked.com, or in person at Roseville Parks and Recreation office at City Hall. All the current details will be posted on that website as well. 6-10pm.
Event is presented by the Friends of Roseville Parks, a non-profit organization whose members raise funds for the benefit of all Roseville parks and recreation facilities. Tapped & Uncorked brings our community together in a unique location with an opportunity to sample and support local small businesses, plus it’s loads of fun! All funds go directly to the parks to provide recreational facilities and activities for families, children and adults.
Address: Guidant John Rose MN OVAL, 2661 Civic Center Dr , Roseville, Minnesota
Roseville Halloween Spook-tacular
- Come out to the Harriet Alexander Nature Center for a Halloween Spook-tacular! Sponsored by Skyline Electric and Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, it's a night of ghostly games, devilish demonstrations and a fun-filled horse-drawn wagon ride! The event is from 4:00-7:00pm and the $7 fee per person ($8 at the door if space remains) includes loads of Halloween fun including the wagon ride, Carnival Hall, Bruce the Bug Guy, refreshments and entertainment at the Halloween fire circle. Children must be accompanied by an adult; costumes are encouraged.
Registration is required. You can do it online, cityofroseville.com/registration (keyword: Halloween) or at Parks and Recreation at City Hall in person or by phone, (651) 792-7110.
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale St. N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Roseville Designer Handbag Bingo
- Get ready for more Designer Handbag Bingo! All purse-lovers are invited to play bingo at one or both sessions on Saturday in Roseville's beautiful Cedarholm Community Building.
Session 1 is from 10:00am to noon and Session 2 is from 1-3:00pm, with ten games of bingo and ten chances to win a brand new, tags-on designer handbag at each session. In addition to snacks there will be a cash bar. Put on by the Friends of Roseville Parks for the second year in a row, raising money for YOUR parks.
Entry to this FUNdraiser, for those 18 years and older, is $35 per session. Tickets are limited and on sale now at the Parks and Recreation desk at Roseville City Hall, or online through Brown Paper Tickets, https://handbagbingoroseville.bpt.me/ For more about the Friends of Roseville Parks, please https://friendsofrosevilleparks.org/
Address: Cedarholm Community Building, 2323 Hamline Ave , Roseville, Minnesota
|4 - 5||
Roseville Holiday Craft Fair
- The annual Holiday Craft Fair is back in person for 2021! Vendors applications are coming in and we hope to see a full house of hand-crafted items perfect for holiday giving! Check for updates.
The Holiday Craft Fair is put on by volunteers from the Harriet Alexander Nature Center (HANC); all vendor fees go to HANC to support environmental education programs. For more information about the event, including a list of participating crafters and a gallery of some of their work, go to HolidayCraftFair.com. For more information about the nature center, please call (651) 765-HANC (4262) or visit CityofRoseville.com/HANC.
Address: Roseville City Hall, 2660 Civic Center Drive , Roseville, Minnesota