Upcoming Events in Sabetha Kansas
- Saturday mornings and Wednesday evenings, starts the last Saturday of May - Runs through the first week of September.
Ph: 785-284-2158 (Always call and confirm events)
|3||Spring Arts and Crafts Fair - Two Saturdays before Easter. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|10 - 12||
Sabetha Spring Citywide Garage Sales
- BARGAINS & FUN Await YOU!!! MARK YOUR CALENDARS & SAVE THIS DATE at the Sabetha Citywide Garage Sales in Northeast Kansas. We generally have 40-50 sales locations around town. Many sales opt to open a day ahead of main sale on Thursday. Nearly all sales open Friday. FREE Maps will be available on FACEBOOK. ahead of time. Sabetha is located just 1 short hour north of Topeka on Hwy 75. WELL WORTH the Day Trip. Maps available at local businesses and in the Sabetha Herald newspaper (available free online). See www.sabethachamber.com >Events for more details. Don't miss this semi-annual event.
Sabetha Firecracker 5k Run/Walk
- The Sabetha Firecracker 5k Run/Walk, presented by Sabetha Community Hospital, is a 5-kilometer (3.1-mile) road race and recreational walk in Sabetha, Kansas, at 8am. Join us for a winding course through residential areas and past local landmarks, such as the new Sabetha Hospital addition and the new Veteran's Memorial and Fountain. First Saturday morning in July.
All participants are invited to enjoy post-race snacks and beverages, provided by our sponsors.
An awards ceremony will be held after the event to recognize the top finishers in the race.
Hang around for door prize drawings, courtesy of local sponsors.
* The Sabetha Playground Equipment Fund Committee will be holding a fundraising pancake feed (Chris Cakes) following the race. Please enjoy some pancakes and help support this group as they work to get new playground equipment for the parks of Sabetha.
|3||4th of July Fireworks - Dusk at the North Ball Fields. Following special Legion Baseball Game. Closest weekend to the 4th. 10PM/Dark|
|17 - 18||Sabetha Rodeo - Third full weekend of July.|
|17||Sabetha Rodeo Parade - Sabetha Rodeo Saturday evening of the Rodeo weekend. Line up at 6:30 pm.|
|21||Old Time Saturday Night. - Many Food Booths, Live Entertainment, Lots of Activities Booths. 6:00 - 9:00 PM.|
|11 - 12||
Annual Albany Days
- First weekend following Labor Day. Step back in time to a town that time has forgotten at Historic Albany, Kansas. Located 60 miles north of Topeka, and 55 miles West of St. Joseph, Missouri, Albany was once a flourishing frontier town that was mostly abandoned after the railroad was located through nearby Sabetha. Albany's rich history includes pioneer settlements, trials and tribulations during the "Bleeding Kansas" Era, run-away slaves on Lane's Trail, and a visit from famed Abolitionist John Brown.
Minneapolis-Moline Tractors and Equipment are featured, as well as Witte gasoline engines.
Demonstrations: Threshing, saw mill, plowing, glass blowing, blacksmithing, print shop, metal casting, cider making, soap making, quilt show, rock crushing, corn shelling and grinding, dutch oven cooking, Civil War Re-enacting, Spinning and weaving, steam engines, gas engines, and much more!
Events: Parade at 1:00pm each day, Antique Tractor pull, garden tractor pull, Kid's Activities. Hotwheels racing, and more!
Find us on Google Maps! Search Albany Museum, Kansas LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! facebook.com/albanymuseum
Address: Old Albany , Sabetha, Kansas
Twister Car Show
- RESCHEDULED FROM ANNUAL 2nd WEEKEND IN JUNE 2020
The Sabetha Twisters Car Club was started as a result of the tornado that hit Sabetha the second weekend in June 1998. The first show was on June 14, 1999, in downtown Sabetha. We continue to hold the show the second Saturday in June in honor of Sabetha’s comeback from the Twister that took out the original City Hall.
The car show typically draws around 125 participants from the four state area as well as many local classics. More information is on our Facebook page — Sabetha Twisters Car Club.
|17 - 18||
Sabetha Fall City-Wide Garage Sales / US36 Treasure Hunt
- Continue your US36 Treasure Hunting Trip by shopping SABETHA'S City Wide Garage Sales!! Sabetha is just a few miles north off US36, jaunting north on US75. Hope we see you there.
Great U.S. Highway 36 Treasure Hunt - mile after mile of garage sales and yard sales all along the 400 miles of U.S. 36 Highway in Kansas. From Elwood to St Francis overlooking the Missouri River to the Colorado border, 13 Counties. Lodging is available along the way so pack a bag and join us for the event.
US 36 sweeps the traveler along a pleasant, scenic highway from the wide Missouri River in northeast Kansas corn country through lush, rolling hills and friendly towns to the yucca-studded, semi-arid High Plains of western Kansas.
Towns along US 36 are among the gems in the crown of this historic, progressive state of Kansas, and they are interesting places to stop and rest. Get acquainted with Indian and pioneer museums that display our rich heritage, sculpture that commemorates it, and fairs, festivals, and rodeos that celebrate it.
Along US 36 you will find the site of Kansas' last Indian raid, a stage coach station, Pony Express stations and the birth place of "Home on the Range." We have great places to hunt and fish, as well as great places to live. Come see us today!
The Treasure Hunt is sponsored by the U.S. 36 Highway Association & Local Tourism organizations/Chamber of Commerce
More info on website: www.ushwy36.com
|26||Christmas Window Opening - Friday night after Thanksgiving. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by a firetruck provided by the Sabetha Fire Department at 6:00pm. The downtown businesses stay open late and offer refreshments and bargains. Christmas carols are sung by Sabetha High School Odyssey and Chantee groups. Horse-drawn trolley rides are sponsored by Kiwanis. A business expo/craft show is held in the City Hall. A soup supper and live nativity are sponsored by First United Methodist Church, plus.....lots more!|