Upcoming Events in Skiatook Oklahoma
|10||Western Heritage Day - A fun-filled Saturday for the whole family! Rootin'-tootin' fun includes stage coach rides, cowboy shoot-out's, petting zoo, a chili cook-off, craft vendors, a real fine art show, musical entertainment, and much more! Why, you'll be hollerin' 'Ya-Hoo!' and 'Yippee-Ki-Ay!' all the way home!|
|20 - 22||
Annual Skiatook Bluegrass Festival
- Located near beautiful Skiatook Lake. (The RV Park behind the Sports Complex in Skiatook, OK)
Ticket prices are a modest $5 for Thursday Night (gospel night), $10 for Friday or Saturday, OR $20 for a three day pass! RV sites with water and electric are $15 per day, tent camping is $3 per day.
Ph: 918-261-3443 (Always call and confirm events)
|4 - 5||
Jammin' in the Canyon
- Enjoy the music at our Bluegrass Festival, and once again the Osage Hills will echo with the "sounds of music" as Stoney Ridge Campgrounds hosts an awesome slate of bands. Come out and enjoy a great day of music, food, fun, contests and more! Friday, 5PM - 11PM and Saturday, Noon - 11PM.
For Campsite Info and Reservations call 918-396-0800 or visit www.srcamp.com
Address: Osage Hills , Skiatook, Oklahoma
|20||Fantasy in the Sky - "Fantasy in the Sky" with great food, music, and fireworks bring more than 75,000 people to Skiatook Lake. Always on the 3rd. Gates open at 6:30 p.m.|
|9 - 11||
Kiheka Steh Indian Club Pow Wow
On October 23, 1969, a new Indian Club called Kihekah-Steh (Tall Chief) Club of Skiatook, was formed. The members set as their purpose the promotion and preservation of the culture of the American Indians and the honor of all service men.
Every year since the club's organization, the Kihekah-Steh Pow-Wow has been held to remember with honor Chief Ki-He-Kah-Steh and all service men. The Annual Pow Wow is generally held toward the end of July, and is a three-day celebration.
The Grand Entry parade will start at approximately 8 p.m. each evening. The IICOT Color Guard, a Native American Veteran Color Guard, will present the colors.
Gourd Dancing by the Osage Gourd Clan will begin at 6:30 p.m. The Stomp Dance will be held Friday and Saturday nights. Other dances, including the Round Dance, War Dance, Snake Dance, Brush Dance, and Two Step, and songs will be featured during the three-day Pow Wow.
Dance Contests will include:
Concessions, arts, and crafts will be available at the dance grounds throughout the three days of the Kihekah-Steh Pow Wow.
Stomp Dance Etiquette
Address: The dance grounds are located 5 miles north of Highway 20 on Javine Hill Road, then west on 193. , Skiatook, Oklahoma
Christmas in July
- Shopping Extravaganza. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Please call or email for more information.
Address: Skiatook High School Commons Area, 1000 West 4th Street , Skiatook, Oklahoma
|3 - 4||
Pioneer Day/Skiatook Fly-In
- Arts and Crafts, Car Show, Auction, Entertainment, Parade, Carnival, Aircraft. At the Skiatook Airport. Pioneer Man and Woman of the Year are honored at a reception from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Skiatook Museum.
**** Due to the project in the park, Pioneer Day Festival 2010 activities will be moved "temporary" this year to The Skiatook Sports Complex at (3020 West 133rd Street North)
|4 - 5||
Pioneer Days Western/Pioneer Costume Contest
- The City Fountain Tavern is hosting a Western/Pioneer costume contest from 1-3 w/ first, second and third prize! A one and only Lonesome Love Can Can show! dancers perform at 1:00 Don't miss the Draft beer $1 all day. Free grub bbq, great juke box music. Come meet old friends and make new ones! Website coming soon/ look us up on facebook.
Address: 108 E Rogers Blvd Skiatook, OK , Skiatook, Oklahoma
|6||Veterans Memorial Ceremony - 10 a.m. at Osage Gardens Cemetery.|
- A favorite holiday event, this community and family oriented parade features a variety of floats, autos, band, walking groups. Trophies will be awarded for 1/2/3 place.
The Skiatook Fire Department concludes the parade, with Santa.10 a.m.
SANTA WORKSHOP - FOLLOWS THE CHRISTMAS PARADE
Come see Santa following the Christmas Parade at the Skiatook Community Building. Enjoy hot chocolate, home-made cookies, talking to Santa, and making age appropriate crafts at various tables scattered throughout the gym. Mark your calendar now and bring the entire family!
What a great way to mark the beginning of the holiday season!
Ph: 918-396-3702 (Always call and confirm events)