Southport, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Southport North Carolina
|5 - 6||
Southport Spring Festival
- Features of the festival include the Southport-Oak Island Kiwanis Azalea Sale, live music, rock climbing, face painting, a petting zoo, inflatable bounce rides, a chili-cook off, food vendors, arts & crafts vendors, raffles and train rides.
Oak Island Lighthouse 5K & 10K Run/Walk
- The Annual Oak Island Lighthouse 5K & 10K Run/Walk are point to point races. The 10K will begin at the Oak Island bridge at 8:00 am and follow a very scenic route beside marshlands, beaches and the Oak Island Lighthouse ending at the N.C. Baptist Assembly. The 5K will also begin at 8:00am at the Ca
From Wilmington: Highway 17 South to Highway 133. Follow Highway 133 South over the Oak Island Bridge. Go straight through the stop light and follow Caswell Beach Road to the gate at the N.C. Baptist Assembly. Buses will be at the Registration area to take participants to the starting points.
Address: N.C. Baptist Assembly - 1000 Caswell Beach Road, Fort Caswell
Bird Islands of the Lower Cape Fear River Cruise
- Speakers include Dr. James Parnell, Walker Golder, Andy Wood and more. This cruise should provide an enjoyable format of education from area experts along with viewing of the nesting grounds of coastal waterbirds like the White Ibis.
|8 - 10||
Southport Heritage Days
223 E. Bay Street
, Southport, North Carolina
Ph: (910)457-7927 (Always call and confirm events)
|7 - 5||
July National Exhibition/Competition
- The July National Exhibition is a juried art competition/exhibition established by the Associated Artists of Southport 25 years ago to showcase outstanding original visual art. Gallery is open March 1 through mid-December, Monday-Saturday 10am-4pm.
N.C. 4th of July Festival Freedom Run
- Annual Freedom Run and Walk is an favorite event associated with the N.C. 4th of July Festival. Includes both a 5K and 1 mile fun run/walk. Local pottery from Spencer Pottery are given as awards.
From Wilmington: Highway 17 South to Highway 133. Follow Highway 133 South to Highway 211. Turn left onto Highway 211 South and follow to Waterfront Park.
Address: Waterfront Park, Bay Street, Southport, 4841 Long Beach Road, SE , Southport, North Carolina
Children's Crab Derby
- An event held annually for children ages 16 and under. Free t-shirts are given to the 1st 50 participants. Participants need to furnish their own string, bait, and net. No commercial crab traps will be allowed. The event is held at the Old Yacht Basin from 10 am-2 pm on Labor Day. Free.
Captain Charlies Kids Fishing Tournament
- An event that is co-sponsored by the Southport Parks & Recreation Department and the Southport Lions Club, it is annually held with the U.S. Open King Mackerel Tournament. This event is open to anyone ages 16 and under. Free t-shirts are given to the 1st 100 participants. The event takes place at t
Address: Waterfront Park Pier, Bay Street, Southport
|13 - 29||
Christmas By The Sea Festival
- Almost month long celebration of Christmas at the coast, includes a lighted boat flotilla, band concert, choral concert, hometown parade, tree lighting ceremonies, tour of beach homes on Oak Island and a tour of historic homes in Southport.
Highway 17 South from Wilmington to Highway 133. Follow Highway 133 South to the Southport-Oak Island Area. Locations, admission fees (if any)and venues vary, call for specific directions or visit the festival website for complete calendar.
Address: Various Locations in Oak Island and Southport