Upcoming Events in Sparks Nevada
Arts in Bloom
- Celebrate Mother's Day and the arrival of spring at this inspiring Mother's Day fine arts show. Event includes a celebrity painted-plate auction that benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure. 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Address: Sparks Marina Park , Sparks, Nevada
|4 - 5||
- The Silver Club's Big Easy is an annual Victorian Square street festival celebrating Mardi Gras the third weekend of July in downtown Sparks. This event features Louisiana-style cuisine and street vendors, craft booths, a parade, live blues & Zydeco entertainment on three outdoor stages, and plenty of beads. The event is free to the public, compliments of the Silver Club Hotel Casino.
Address: Victorian Square , Sparks, Nevada
Star Spangled Sparks
- This event celebrates the birthday of the United States with a day-long extravaganza starting at Sparks Marina at 7:30 a.m. and featuring numerous fun-filled activities for the entire family. The celebration moves to Victorian Square at 7 p.m. with more events and a spectacular fireworks show beginning at 9:30 p.m.
Address: Sparks Marina and Victorian Square , Sparks, Nevada
MDA Charity Golf Tournament
- Tournament is to benefit the Northern Nevada Greater Sacramento Muscular Dystrophy Association. $60.00 per entrant includes green fees, cart, range balls and donation to the charity. 4 Person Scramble Format with an 8AM shotgun start.
$10,000 hole in one contest, closest to the pin and long drive contests.
Lunch and raffle to follow the tournament.
Proceeds from the raffle and contests go directly to the charity.
Registration Deadline July 21,2012
Address: Wildcreek Golf Course Sparks Nevada 89431 , Sparks, Nevada
|18 - 23||
West Nugget Rib Cook-off
- Record crowds have led to the addition of a sixth day for the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off. This year's event will once again transform the Labor Day holiday on Victorian Square in downtown Sparks into a must-attend culinary, music, craft, and family end-of-summer affair.
"The Nugget Rib Cook-off has grown over the years into one of the most fun and exciting events for guests from literally all over the world," said Beth Cooney, Executive Director of Marketing at John Ascuaga's Nugget. "Last year we again encountered capacity crowds. The addition of Wednesday will give visitors, especially locals, the chance to experience all of the great ribs, vendors and activities when it most likely won't be as crowded as the weekend."
Ph: 800-648-1177 (Always call and confirm events)
|8 - 12||
- Get your motor running with three days of motorcycle tours, live concerts, entertainment, ride-in shows, a parade, poker run and numerous vendors. An official event of the Harley-Davidson Dealers Association of Northern California, Street Vibrations is hog heaven!
Address: Locations Throughout Reno-Sparks , Sparks, Nevada
|10 - 11||
- The Silver Club Casino will play host to the inaugural Oktoberfest harvest festival in downtown Sparks, Nevada. Oktoberfest is a celebration of Bavarian culture with a focus on German food, beer, arts/crafts, and music. The event will feature a 5,000 square foot indoor/outdoor Biergarten with an array of Bratwurst, weinerschnitzel, lederhosen, and plenty of German beer on tap, a Kindergarten area for children of all ages to enjoy a hay maze and pumpkin patch, and a Craftgarten will run up and down Victorian Avenue featuring 80 arts and crafters from the western region of the United States. The Silver Club is actively looking to bring a logging element and Bratwurst (hot dog) eating contest to the event, too.
What would Oktoberfest be without the lively rhythms and traditional melodies of German folk music? When we think of German bands playing, we think of lively singing and people dancing like chickens. Oktoberfest 2006 will showcase several polka and German folk bands on three stages on the Square, with internationally renowned headliner, The Sauerkrauts taking the Biergarten stage both Friday and Saturday night. The Silver Club is actively pursuing other renowned polka and German bands to play throughout the day and into the evening.
The event will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, and will close at 10 p.m. It will continue on Saturday, starting at 11 a.m. with the event drawing to a close at 10 p.m.
Ph: 775-352-3325 (Always call and confirm events)
|19 - 20||
Sparks Hometowne Christmas
- This annual celebration showcases a colorful holiday parade, family entertainment, photos with Santa, arts and crafts vendors and a spectacular tree lighting ceremony. It is a true Nevada tradition to warm the winter.
Address: Victorian Square , Sparks, Nevada