Upcoming Events in Springfield Illinois
Annual International Festival
- Celebration featuring cultural performances, cultural bazaar with exhibits and food booths. 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM.
Address: Univ of IL at Springfield, Public Affairs Center , Springfield, Illinois
|10 - 12||
Associated Antiques Dealers of America Antique Show
- The Antique show has approximately 55 dealers from 15-18 states and Canada showing Art Glass, Furniture, Silver, Porcelain, Cut Glass, Antique jewelry and Art Pottery and Paintings. Always the weekend following Mother's Day, 10-6 Friday; 10-5 Saturday 11-4 Sunday
Address: Orr Building--Illinois State Fairgrounds , Springfield, Illinois
|31 - 2||
Old Capitol Days Civil War Encampment
- Authentic Civil War camps, period music, and living history programs will highlight Old Capitol Days.
Address: Old State Capitol State Historic Site, 6th & Adams Sts , Springfield, Illinois
|20||Stoneman Sprint Triathlon - This is a sprint distance triathlon held at Lake Springfield. The 500 yard swim starts from the Lindsey Boat ramp and the race continues with a 12 mile bike ride through rolling prairie. The event finishes with. 3.1 mile run that ends at the Lake Springfield Beach House where food and refreshments are served. Participate in this race and still have time to visit the capital city's many attractions. If you've raced this event before, come back to experience the unique and exciting competition.|
|20||Iron Abe Olympic Tri - This is an olympic distance triathlon held at Lake Springfield. The .9 mile swim starts from the Lindsey Boat ramp and the race continues with a 24.8 mile bike ride through rolling prairie. The event finishes with 6.2 mile run that ends at the Lake Springfield Beach House where food and refreshments are served. Participate in this race and still have time to visit the capital city's many attractions. If you've raced this event before, come back to experience the unique and exciting competition.|
|14 - 15||
Annual Edwards Place Fine Art Fair
- A family-friendly community event, the Edwards Place Fine Art Fair provides a park-like setting in downtown Springfield for juried fine art and craft artists from around the country to display their original works of art. Annually, the Fine Art Fair attracts more than 5,000 people to the historic grounds of Edwards Place to enjoy a free weekend of art and entertainment.
|5 - 6||
Indian Summer Festival
- The most popular event of the year at Lincoln Memorial Garden is its annual Indian Summer Festival. Held in October when fall colors are just beginning to peak, the festival is one of the finest family events in Central Illinois. You can find something that's sure to please everyone in the family - a pumpkin decorating contest, caramel apples, bluegrass and Celtic music, butterfly pork chop sandwiches, storytelling, fresh popped caramel corn, fall colors, chili, turtle races, fresh hot or cold cider, home made baked goodies, face painters - the list goes on. 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Address: Lincoln Memorial Garden, 2301 East Lake Shore Drive , Springfield, Illinois
|11 - 12||
Haunted Night of History at Edwards Place
- Join us for an after hours haunted history tour of Edwards Place and meet costumed interpreters portraying residents of Edwards Place past. Springfield Art Association. 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
Ph: 217-523-2631 (Always call and confirm events)
|18 - 20||
Holiday in the Village Fine Crafts Sale
- This year's event will feature 34 artists from 11 states. Artwork for sale will include jewelry, mosaics, stained glass, blown glass, fused glass, painting, metal sculpture, painted silk, handmade purses, pottery, scrimshaw, weaving, gourd art, wood carving, scented soaps and lotions, one-of-a-kind apparel, gourmet fudge and more.
At 4:00 pm on Sunday, a GIFT BASKET RAFFLE will be held to benefit ADOPT-A-PET, a no-kill animal shelter in Benld, IL. The artists participating in the sale have generously donated artwork for these baskets. Candies, gourmet foods, and other "goodies" will also be included. The retail value of each basket will be $350+. You need not be present to win.
Sale runs Friday, 4-8 pm,
Saturday, 10 am-5 pm, and
Sunday, 11 am-4 pm
Hoogland Center for the Arts , Springfield, Illinois
- Join us for the Annual Collector's Day. During this special one-day event, private collectors will display their unique collections, from pedal cars to sad irons to fossils to antique doorknobs. Join in the fun, meet the collectors, and ask questions. Learn how to start a collection and how to preserve objects in your collections. No buying, selling, or appraisals will be allowed. 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
All collectors must pre-register.
Address: Illinois State Museum , Springfield, Illinois
|16 - 24||
Festival of Trees
- 25th Anniversary Festival of Trees
November 22, 2014 - November 30, 2014
See MemorialsFestivalofTrees.com for times
A nine-day holiday event featuring more than 200 trees and wreaths decorated with exquisite care by area designers; a centerpiece and gingerbread structure silent auction; an elaborate hand-crafted Gingerbread Village; the Candy Cane Express train; the Little Elves' Workshop craft area; Snapshots with Santa; a boutique full of unique gift items; hand-decorated gingerbread cookies; and entertainment featuring dozens of musical performances. The annual event raises money for health-related projects and programs at Memorial Health System and in the Springfield community.
Address: Orr Building, Illinois State Fairgrounds , Springfield, Illinois
|22 - 24||
Dana-Thomas House Christmas
- Recall the splendor of a bygone era as you tour this spectacular Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home completely bedecked in turn-of-the-century finery for the holiday season.
Address: Dana-Thomas House , Springfield, Illinois
First Night Springfield
- First Night is a family oriented New Year's Eve Celebration of the Arts featuring 75+ music, dance, theater, comedy, and visual art performances at multiple venues in downtown Springfield. The event includes free children's arts activities from 1:00-4:00 p.m., an organ concert at 5:00 p.m. and evening shows beginning at 7:00 p.m. A spectacular fireworks finale rings in the New Year at 12 midnight.
Advance buttons: $10 adult, $5 (ages 5-18), Family Package $25; At door buttons: $15 adult; $5 (ages 5-18)
Address: Downtown Springfield , Springfield, Illinois
Holiday Lights at the Zoo
- Tour the zoo decked out for the holidays with thousands of lights and light displays. 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
Address: Henson Robinson Zoo , Springfield, Illinois
|24 - 22||
Christmas with the Lincolns
- Celebrate Christmas and New Years Day at the Lincoln Home with typical 1860 holiday decorations. Greenery, poinsettias, a cloved orange pyramid, and ropes of cranberries give the house a festive appearance. Find out what the Lincolns might have given each other as gifts, what special foods were on their holiday menu and why they didn't have a Christmas tree.
Address: Lincoln Home National Historic Site , Springfield, Illinois