The Tecumseh Opera House is a two-story brick building on the west side of the courthouse square. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the building was built in 1880 by W.R. Spicknell and W.H. Hassett.
The first public libraries for Tecumseh were not pretentious. They were kept in private homes, at the city hall and elsewhere, with such books and magazines as could be secured through contributions and otherwise. The women of the city carried on the work of librarians. June 6, 1907