When Onaga was but a year old, the Congregationalists started a church building. The church actually started in Vienna. services had been held there until March 1878, when the church organization was moved to Onaga. Services were held in the Degraw School House. The church building was started in the latter part of October 1878. The following spring, work on the building was pushed forward and nearly completed, when the structure was wrecked by a severe wind storm. Rebuilding was commenced immediately and on November 2, 1879, the first church edifice in Onaga was dedicated.
As the years went by, a new church building was needed and the current church building was built and dedicated on March 11, 1906.
Address: 4th and Lucien
Come visit us in Onaga, Kansas