Upcoming Events in Tribune Kansas
Groundhog Day Dinner
- First Saturday. For over 50 years, the congregation of St. Joseph’ s Catholic Church in Tribune has sponsored their annual Groundhog Day event. Serving locally grown, hand-made whole hog sausage and breakfast all day, this year’s dinner promises to tempt the taste buds. The sausage is made fresh the day before from a well-kept secret recipe of spices and ingredients
Address: St. Joseph’ s Catholic Church , Tribune, Kansas
Greeley County Health Fair
- Greeley County Community Development Health Fair. 7:00-10:30am.
Address: 4H Bldg , Tribune, Kansas
|17 - 19||Western Kansas Antique Shop Hop - Featuring 13 stores, 3 days of shopping, 13 door prizes, and 3 grand prizes throughout Tribune, Oakley, Leoti, Sharon Springs, Colby, and Scott City. In Tribune, shop at Colleen’s Antiques, M & M’s Antiques, and Karen’s Kitchen & Antiques. For all the details or to request an official Shop Hop Passport go to web link below.|
Annual Loyalty Day
- Loyalty Day : First Saturday in May. The people of Greeley County and surrounding communities line Broadway to watch the parade honoring our flag, our country and those who serve to protect our freedom. A ceremony at the Veterans Memorial wraps up the celebration
Also, since 1982, area youth have proudly competed in showing their animals at the Annual Loyalty Day Spring Livestock Show, held at the Ross Kuttler 4-H Pavilion. First Saturday in May.
Annual Spring Livestock Show
- Since 1982, area youth have proudly competed in showing their animals at the Annual Spring Livestock Show, held at the Ross Kuttler 4-H Pavilion the first Saturday in May.
Address: Ross Kuttler 4-H Pavilion - , Tribune, Kansas
|29 - 30||
Gavin B Kleymann Memorial Livestock Show - "Boots and Buckles Chute Out!"
- DATE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED -
Meat Goat, Swine & Sheep must be born after January 1st, 2015
Pre-Entry: $25 • Day of Show: $30 per animal
Meat Goat and Market Sheep
$250 Champion & Buckle •
$500 Champion & Buckle • $250 Reserve
Market Beef & Breeding Heifer must be born after January 1st, 2014
Full Fit Beef Show – Weigh in Sunday at 7:00 am
Pre-Entry: $25 • Day of Show: $30 Market Beef
$1,000 Champion & Buckle
$250 & Boots and Buckle - Champion
$100 & Boots and Buckle – Reserve
For more information & entry forms: Facebook: Dry Creek Livestock Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|4 - 6||
K-96 June Jaunt
- June Jaunt: First Full Weekend in June. Communities along K-96 partner to celebrate the June Jaunt, a multi-community event running from Tribune to Ellinwood.
Activities in Tribune include the K-96 June Jaunt Car Show, the Gavin B. Kleymann Memorial Livestock Show, a Poker Run hosted by the Trench Bar & Grill, community-wide garage and sidewalk sales, a free-swim event, and much more.
Fourth of July Church Services
- On the first Sunday in July, the community gathers at the Horace Greeley Museum gazebo at 8:00 am to enjoy a free hearty breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Immediately following breakfast the Ministerial Alliance leads the community in morning worship on the courthouse lawn.
Address: Horace Greeley Museum , Tribune, Kansas
Greeley County Fireworks Display
- At dusk, on the evening of July 4th, the Greeley County Fireworks Display can be viewed from the stands at the high school football field. The Go-Getters 4-H club will be serving pie and ice cream at the concession stand.
Address: high school football field , Tribune, Kansas
Fireworks Watching Party
- The Greeley County swimming pool staff are hosting a Fireworks Watching Party from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. They will be serving hotdogs and hamburgers for $3.00.
Bring your lounge chairs, rafts, etc. and enjoy the fireworks from the pool.
Address: Greeley Swimming Pool, 200 W. Zenaide , Tribune, Kansas
|4 - 7||
Greeley County Fair
- During the first week of August, Greeley County 4-H kids, family, and friends get together to show off their talents and livestock at the county fair. The fair weekend consists of 4-H and open exhibits, a hometown carnival, free barbeque, antique tractor pulls, and a number of recreational events. Many class and family reunions are also scheduled during Fair.
- Crafts people and groups from the area display and sell their Christmas products at the Greeley County 4-H Building. Lunch is served. It's a good time to get a start on your Christmas shopping. Third Saturday in October.
The Christmas Fair is held the third Saturday of October at the 4-H Building. Crafters and area vendors market their Christmas products. The Rebekahs serve lunch. It’s a good time for the community to get started on their Christmas shopping!
|29||Downtown Christmas Open House - Downtown Christmas Open House: The Monday after Thanksgiving the merchants of Tribune stay open late for holiday shoppers. Shoppers can find discounts, prizes, carriage rides, strolling carolers, free pictures with Santa, and a free movie at the Star Theater of Tribune. A soup and pie supper and crafts fair at the VFW round out the evening.|
Museum Christmas Tea
- The second Sunday in December, the Horace Greeley Museum open its doors for an annual Christmas Tea. In addition to special exhibits and refreshments, live entertainment is heard throughout the old courthouse building. The Greeley County Historical Society hosts a bake sale, and all proceeds help with repairs and renovations to the building.
The second Sunday in December, the Horace Greeley Museum opens its doors for an annual Christmas Tea. In addition to special exhibits and refreshments, live entertainment is heard throughout the historic courthouse building. The Greeley County Historical Society hosts a bake sale, and all proceeds help with repairs and renovations to the building.