"The congregation was founded in 1842 as a mission of the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina. The current Gothic Revival-style building was built in 1859 of brick formed of the clay on which the church sits. The Bishop came from Charleston to consecrate it on November 4, 1860. Features include an historic tracker organ designed by John Baker of Charleston, stained-glass windows, original handmade pews, its original altar, and a soaring 125-ft.spire. The large stained-glass chancel window was constructed in England. Plaques honor families instrumental in developing Abbeville. Three of Abbeville's five "lost confederate colonels" were members of Trinity and are buried in its cemetery along with one union soldier."