Upcoming Events in Vermilion Ohio
|2 - 4||Festival of Fish - Vermilion's Festival of the Fish is one of the largest festivals in the area. Every year the City of Vermilion celebrates the sea on a grand scale with parades, boat parades, races, pageants, contests, food, entertainment, markets and much more. Also, there are attractions such as a fishing and sandcastle contest, kids games, dusk-lit boat parade on the Vermilion River, various bands, food, crafts, parade and a ride on the Mystic Belle Paddlewheel Boat. And, of course, that great Lake Erie perch, cooked fresh as you wait. This is a "don't-miss" event of the year each Father's Day Weekend.|
Annual Historic Summerfare Saturday
- Vermilion's most fun-filled Saturday occurs in June when the Historic SummerFare - Antiques, Collectibles & Artisans in the Park celebrates history with festivities, food, cars and fun. Bring your family and friends and plan on a day of excitement, entertainment and an adventure into history. Soip 'till you drop with Antiques in the Park. It's a little of this and a lot of that. Antique furniture, classic collectibles, historic home decor and more. Artists in the Parks offers wonderful handmade treasures and original art from local artisans. A variety of every medium, this event is a don't-miss for art lovers and anyone looking for something unique and original.
Address: Vermilion , Vermilion, Ohio
Antiques, Collectibles and Artists in the Park
- Browse among the wares in historic Exchange Park, Enjoy nautical exhibits, arts, crafts, antiques, collectibles, music, and classic cars. Learn about Vermilion's rich nautical history and knot tying from local historians, enjoy delicious grilled sandwiches, view beautiful quilts, or take a ride on the boat Mystic Belle.
Address: Vermilion , Vermilion, Ohio
Singspiration Outdoor Concert & Community Spagetti Supper
- Come to our Singspiration outdoor concert with Music by local musicians as the community comes together for a spaghetti supper. Enter your favorite Spaghetti Sauce contest. Peoples Choice,Good Luck. Bring the kids to get a free I.D. card.
10% of all donations will go to help the Salvation Army and Buses International.
Address: 4913 Southview Ct. Ver. First Assembly of God. , Vermilion, Ohio
Annual Great Black Backed Gull Watch
- Come greet the largest and meanest gull and help count the numbers of them who sit on the breakwalland watch us. Honoring Ohio's Coast Weeks in Partnership with the Erie MetroParks System of Erie County. Come greet the Great Black-Backed Gulls and the many other feathered friends at the Main Street Observation Deck at the Main Street Beach. Count the numbers of birds who sit upon the break wall and the old pier. Enroute from Labrador, the gulls stop in Vermilion for a brief visit each September. Bring your binoculars and zoom cameras. The Erie MetroParks System interpreter will be sharing gull news and their telescope. 9:00 am - 12:00 Noon.
Address: Main Street Observation Deck, St. Rt. 60 at Lake Erie , Vermilion, Ohio
|15 - 14||
Terror In The Field Corn Maze
- From the cast of characters that brought you the Old Haunted State Street school, "Terror In The Field Corn Maze" offers an eerie alternative to everyday living in Vermilion Ohio. The annual Halloween experience is sure to frighten locals and visitors alike. Bring your friends and family to the exciting and horrifying experience at its New Outdoor Location! The best Haunted Experience in Ohio! The 1/3 of a mile "haunted" maze will be open October weekends, Fridays and Saturdays, from 7 pm to 11 pm at Novonty's Farm Market. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
Address: Novonty's Farm Market, 1809 State Rt 60 in Vermilion , Vermilion, Ohio
Annual Woolybear Festival
- The largest one-day festival in Ohio, emceed by Dick Goddard of TV8 Cleveland, draws 100,000 people in one day! Parade time is 1:30 pm. Special performances in the afternoon. Lots of food, crafts, merchants and games. Radio and TV personalities like Big Chuck and Little John.
Address: Victory Park, Ohio & Main Street , Vermilion, Ohio
Vermilion Murder Mystery Fundraiser Dinner
- Amvets Post # 22 presents "Murder Stage Right" on Saturday, November 1st from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. to benefit the David F. Workman Hall.
During an amateur performance of "Murder at Ravenshead Manor" life suddenly imitates art and the actors find themselves re-cast... as actual murder suspects. Hopefully a certain raincoat clad Lieutenant from Homicide, who just happens to be in the audience, can lend a hand and help solve this mystery within a mystery.
Doors open for cocktails w/ a cash bar @ 5:30 p.m.
Dinner served @ 6:30 p.m.
The cost is $35 per person.
For tickets or more information please call Linda: 440-541-7855/email firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1517 State Route 60 (State Road), Vermilion, Ohio 44089 , Vermilion, Ohio
|10 - 11||
Annual Harbour Town Historic Christmas Walk
- Thanksgiving Weekend - Kick-off the holiday season with an old fashion alternative to the usual hectic holiday shopping. Tour Vermilion's historic downtown Harbour Town by horse-drawn trolley from noon to 5 pm. Santa arrives at Exchange Park by icebreaker on the Vermilion River at 11 am on Saturday. Visit the fine shops, restaurants and businesses for special holiday savings. Watch the parks light up with holiday light displays while luminaries line the streets each night. Experience the lovely Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Gazebo in Victory Park on Saturday at 7 pm. Visit Santa in his house in Exchange Park 11 am to 3 pm each Saturday through Christmas. It's a nostalgic, family fun experience you won't want to miss. Sponsored by the Friends Of Harbour Town.
Address: US Rt 6 , Vermilion, Ohio
|2 - 3||
Mill Hollow's Old Fashioned Holiday
- Step back in time to the late 1800s to enjoy the holiday season with the Bacon family, who eventually donated their land to the metro parks. During our annual event, Old-Fashioned Holiday, visitors are welcomed into the Bacon house as they celebrate the holidays. Tour the original 1845 home where a cast of re-enactors greet you as they personify the Bacon family. Learn about this area's unique and historical past while enjoying a 20-minute tour where you experience the real sights, fragrances, and sounds of an old-fashioned holiday. Along with touring the Benjamin Bacon Museum, horse-drawn carriage rides, refreshments, and live entertainment will be available. Join us for a celebration of a pioneer holiday! All ages are welcome to attend and admission is free. The Bacon family and their friends hope to see you then!
Saturday, 3 pm - 8 pm - Sunday, 2 pm - 6 pm.
Address: Vermilion River Reservation, 51211 North Ridge Road , Vermilion, Ohio