LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville


category : Historic Buildings
The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896 by Danville native, Joseph G. Cannon, a member of the House of Representatives, to house Civil War veterans. The center offers care for hundreds of veterans, and includes housing for senior citizens.


Hours: Call for hours
Address: 1900 E. Main St.
Phone: 217-442-8000

Come visit us in Danville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Kennekuk County Park

Founded in 1974, Kennekuk County Park is 3000 acres in size and is located five miles west of Danville. It is bordered on the west by the Middle Fork National Scenic River and the Middle Fork State Wildlife Area (3000 acres). Kickapoo State Park (3000 acres)

Danville, IL Recreation Parks

Lamon House

The 1840's Lamon House is believed to be the oldest frame residence in the area. It was constructed by Joseph Lamon, cousin of Ward Hill Lamon, Lincoln'

Danville, IL Museums

Lake Vermillion

Lake Vermilion is a 1000-acre lake located in Danville. It is a water supply lake and is owned by Aqua Illinois Inc. The Vermilion County Conservation District (V.C.C.D.) maintains the lease on the lake and manages the recreational activities. It is one of Illinois'

Danville, IL Recreation

Off Track Betting Facility

Food, fun and horseracing are the order of the day at the Danville OTB parlor. Adjacent to the Ramada just off I-74. Catch the excitement of thoroughbread and harness racing on 100

Danville, IL Gaming

Fithian Home

The Fithian home is a Lincoln site listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 1855 Victorian mansion was the home of Dr. William Fithian, a friend of Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln spent 2 nights there in 1858

Danville, IL Historic Homes

Things to do Historic Buildings near Danville, IL

Kitchell Park and Chautauqua Auditorium

40-acre Kitchell Park was donated to the City of Pana by Civil War Captain, Kitchell. Listed on the National Register of H...

J.H. Hawes Elevator

Restored grain elevator listed on the National Historic Register. Free tours....

Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium

The Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium opened August 23, 1914, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Place...

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Villag...

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are st...