LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Wagaman Mill


category : Pioneer History
Constructed in 1848, the mill has been used as a saw mill, carding mill, flour mill, feed mill, and as a generating station for electricity. Interior is completely restored and contains an operating water-powered turbine. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Guided tours by Lynnville Historical Society, 641-527-2256.


Admission: Fee
Hours: 2-4 Sun., Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day weekend
Address: Lynnville
Phone: 641-792-9780
Our Email: conservation@co.jasper.ia.us
Our Website:www.co.jasper.ia.us/conservation

Come visit us in Newton, Iowa

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Newton Kart Klub

Enjoy weekend races on this 1/8 mile dirt oval go-cart track.

Newton, IA Kart Racing

Sugar Grove Vineyards and Gatheringplace

Small country winery with 11-acre vineyard, two-acre pond, abundant wildlife, beautifully landscaped grounds. See a small herd of elk. Free wine tastings and tours of winery. Summer concert series.

Newton, IA Wineries

Jasper County Historical Museum

The history of Jasper County is depicted by a 40-foot bas relief mural. Exhibits include washing machine display, Maytag memorabilia, displays from four Newton-based companies, 150-million-year-old dinosaur tracks, agricultural display, and 1875 barn. See Victorian and 1930

Newton, IA Museums


International Wrestling Institute and Museum

Museum features Olympic, collegiate and pro wrestling history. Displays on famous athletes include Iowa's Olympic champion Dan Gable, Frank Gotch and Verne Gagne. Pro wrestling hall of fame. Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of Iowa.

Newton, IA Museums

Things to do Pioneer History near Newton, IA

Wagaman Mill

Constructed in 1848, the mill has been used as a saw mill, carding mill, flour mill, feed mill, and as a generating station f...

Taylor #4 Country School

This turn-of-the-century one-room schoolhouse is furnished with fixtures and equipment from Marshall County schools and depic...

Matthew Edel Blacksmith Shop

Visit 19th-century blacksmith shop operated until 1940 by German immigrant Matthew Edel. Shop remains as he left it in 1940.