LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Laverne OK Chamber of Commerce Bank of Laverne

Wagon Train Monument


category : Monuments
Wagon Train Monument 1776 - 1996, Bi-Centennial Wagon Train Pilgrimage - Oklahoma Official Representatives

This wagon train traveled 1,200 miles from Randlett, Oklahoma to Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Ivan and Dorthy left Laverne on February 11, 1976, meeting Speck and his Texas wagon at Randlett. From here, they traveled the Southern route meeting other state wagons and arriving in Valley Forge Park, July 3, 1976.

Located near the west pavilion in the city park.


Address: West Jane Jayroe Blvd. ( Highway 149)

Come visit us in Laverne, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Wagon Train Monument

1776 - 1996, Bi-Centennial Wagon Train Pilgrimage - Oklahoma Official Representatives This wagon train traveled 1,200 miles from Randlett, Oklahoma to Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Ivan and Dorthy left Laverne on February 11, 1976

Laverne, OK Monuments

Laverne City Park

At the western edge of town sits a beautiful 8-acre park with a tennis court, swimming pool, picnic tables, playground, and log cabin faciltiy. Adjacent to the park are R.V. hook-ups with a dump station. Self pay deposit box at park. If check make payable to Town of Laverne

Laverne, OK Recreation

Laverne Golf and Country Club

The Laverne Golf Course is a well manicured, nine-hole, grass green course located just south of the city. Green Fees: Weekdays, $10 for 18 holes; Weekends and Holidays, $15 for 18 holes Cart Rental: $8.00 - 9 holes; $14.00 - 18 holes

Laverne, OK Golf Courses

Veteran's Memorial

This memorial honors those from the Laverne community who so honorably served their country so that freedom might live. - Dedicated, July 4, 1991 Located near the west pavillion in the city park.

Laverne, OK Memorials

Outdoor Mural

This mural painted on the building across the street from the old depot depicts the introduction of the railroad into this open range territory.

Laverne, OK Arts

Things to do Monuments near Laverne, OK

Chief Left Hand Monument

Born in the 1840s somewhere west of present Fort Supply, Left Hand ("Niwat," also "Nawathit") became principal chief of the s...

Mormon Battalion Memorial Plaque

A plaque was erected in 1983 at the north side of the courthouse in Boise City, observing the crossing of this area by the 50...