Upcoming Events in Wamego Kansas
|5||Grand Celtic Music Tour - With music full of culture, the Grand Celtic Music Tour is back at The Columbian! And what better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Join this St. Mary’s group as they share an evening of song, dance, and Celtic culture.|
|3 - 4||
Wamego Tulip Festival
- The Annual Tulip Festival brings over 20,000 people to town each year to the beautiful Wamego City Park and showcases tulips planted throughout the downtown and surrounding the historic Dutch Mill.
Wamego Tulip Festival features over 150 artisans and craft vendors, specialized food vendors,children's inflatable play area, free live entertainment, non-profit area in addition to the Cabin Fever Challenge bike ride,run,horseshoe tournament, and ice cream social.There is something for everyone!
Cabin Fever Challenge Bike Ride
- Please join us for a fun day in the Flint Hills of Pottawatomie County, KS. Three paved routes from 17-64 miles are suitable for all ages and abilities. Enjoy the Wamego Tulip Festival after you complete your ride! See you in April!
Address: Wamego Middle School, 1701 Kaw Valley Road , Wamego, Kansas
Easter Egg Hunt
- The Saturday morning before Easter at 10am in the Wamego City Park, kids gather to begin the hunt for over 3,000 eggs.
Address: Wamego City Park , Wamego, Kansas
|26 - 1||
Wamego Independence Day Celebration
- Celebrate Freedom in Wamego this Independence Day. The day doesn’t just start with the #1 rated firework show in Kansas at 10pm, it's an all-day celebration for the whole family. Enjoy fun-filled activities for all ages, a carnival, parade, car show, live music, many food options and more!
Evans Midland Empire Shows, Inc. CARNIVAL!
------------------------------- JULY 1st - JULY 4 ------------------------------------
Enjoy carnival rides for all ages and thrill levels at the Carnival taking place along 5th and Ash Street in Wamego. Savor cotton candy & burgers and try your hand at carnival games--you might just walk away with a prize! The carnival will run from 3-10 p.m. on July 4th and wristbands will be sold for $23.00 each! All other days the carnival is open 6-10 p.m. Wristbands available each night from 6-10 p.m. for $22.00 each.
Walter P. Chrysler Antique Car Show
- In conjunction with the annual 4th of July celebration, the annual Walter P. Chrysler Antique Car Show features hundreds of antique and restored cars from our past, as well as many modern cars of note displayed in the beautiful Wamego City Park.
Walter P. Chrysler Car Show City Park
Come to City Park for the 43rd Annual Walter P. Chrysler Car Show.
Contact Verne Claussen (785) 456-4179 for registration information.
9:00AM TO 3:30PM
|15 - 18||
SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY
- The Summer Theatre Academy will be returning to The Columbian Theatre stage this July. The production is a town favorite and always fills up fast. The Summer Theatre Academy gives an opportunity to local kids to branch out and find their love for the theatre arts.
Registration for Members: March 25, 2015
Registration for non-members: April 1, 2015
Registration ends: June 1, 2015
Come see how much they have learned!
VIP Seating, $15 adults, $10 children, first two rows on floor and first two rows on first riser
All other seating, $10 adults, $5 children
Thurs, July 23, 2015, 7PM
Fri, July 24, 7PM
Sat, July 25, 2PM and 7PM
Sun, July 26, 2PM and 7PM
Address: The Columbian Theatre, 521 Lincoln Ave, Wamego, KS 66547 , Wamego, Kansas
Dueling Pianos Concert
- You call the shots as Tony B tickles the keys. Dance, laugh, sing and shout the night
away. Tony B’s Dueling Pianos was such a hit last year we just had to invite them back to The Columbian! This interactive, non-stop party is sure to keep audiences on their feet all night. But you won’t want to miss out this year, every concert is different and Tony B promises to deliver.
|17 - 18||
Fabulous Finds on Hwy 99!
- "Come buyaway with me" on Kansas Hwy 99 to find the best deals in September and have fun visiting each community to see what kind of business deals, yard sales and special events are in store!
Address: Kansas Hwy 99 from Oklahoma to Nebraska , Wamego, Kansas
- Celebrate all things Oz in this terrific fall festival in charming downtown Wamego.
Visit the OZ Museum to see Original Munchkin Margaret Pellegrini and Oz collector Johnpaul Cafiero, participate in the Ruby Slipper Run, Yellow Brick Road bike ride, Kansas River Race,or just enjoy the many craft vendors, munchkinland children's inflatable area, food vendors or live entertainment on the street.
Finish a full day with Sip-n-Stroll Wamego, a wine/beer tasting event, and then relax at the historic Columbian Theatre for a live production of Wizard of Oz.Join us for all the fun!
Yellow Brick Road Bike Ride
- Bicycling event for all ages & abilities. Three routes from 16-50 miles in the scenic Flint Hills. Come and bring the whole family for a fun day in Wamego, KS. This event is held in conjunction with OZtoberFest (www.oztoberfest.com) in Wamego.
|18||Ruby Slipper Run - The Ruby Slipper 10K & Scarecrow 2-Mile Fun Run start each year in downtown Wamego during OZtoberFest. Come out and have fun!|
- Booking their own tours, producing their own records, and marching to the beat of
their own drum (literally and figuratively); this Rockabilly band is anything but normal. These Nashville natives have created a name for themselves as a small, independent, and totally out of the ordinary band. Inspired by each other’s differences and striving to celebrate all that music means to them, their performances are notoriously energetic and full of spunk. They’re sure to have audiences entertained and asking for more.
Pott. County Posse
- Originally formed as the live band for our beloved Hoo Haw show, this independent
group is making another appearance at The Columbian Theatre. Celebrating the
contemporary country, the classic country, and everything in between; Pott County
Posse is sure to entertain.
|6||Tyler Gregory - A native to the rolling hills of Kansas, Tyler Gregory will celebrate all that Kansas is to everyone. He travels all around the country sharing his music but he remains a local favorite here in the Flint Hills. He’s known to take cues from the WWII-era blues and fill them with his unique folk sound. With traveling as a hobby and music as a passion, he’s sure to please audiences of all ages.|
Lighted Christmas Parade and Illumination Ceremony
- To celebrate the Christmas Season, the Wamego Chamber of Commerce sponsors the annual Christmas Parade at 6pm the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year, featuring the arrival of Santa Claus, as well as a Holiday Open House in charming downtown Wamego. After the lighted parade, the highlight of the evening is the illumination of City Park folowed by visits with Santa Claus in the Wamego Historical Museum school house.
Thousands of lights cover trees and the historic Dutch Mill. It is truly a great time to shop in Wamego and experience the warm, friendly people who make this such an enjoyable season.