The Schonoff Dutch Mill towers over beautiful Wamego City Park, the perfect place for picnicking and horseshoes, fishing in the pond, riding the children's minature train, or taking a stroll. The Old Dutch Mill was built in 1879 and moved to the park in the 1920'
Built around 1890 by Louis B. Leach, a prominent early- day businessman, the house was made from memory to look like a Villa in the Suburbs of Messina, on the island of Sicily. Restoration and reconstruction of the Leach House was started in the spring of 1987
The Wamego Country Club was originally designed by famed architect Chick Trout and opened in 1920 as a nine-hole course. The new nine holes were designed by local architect Eric Langvardt. The par 70, 18
The story of The Columbian began over one hundred years ago. J.C. Rogers, a Wamego banker, visited the Chicago World's Fair, the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition. He was astonished at the beauty and scope of the event, celebrating the 400th anniversary of Columbus' discovery of the new world.