LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Historic Fort Supply

Five remaining buildings from the army-era at Fort Supply have been restored to their appearance of over 100 years ago, and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Woodward, OK Historic Forts

St. John's Episcopal Church

St. John's Episcopal Church is the oldest house of worship in Woodward and probably the oldest in the old Cherokee Outlet. Built within a few months after the Cherokee Outlet land run in 1893

Woodward, OK Historic Churches

The Powder Monkey's House

Like the Teamster's Cabin, the powder monkey's house dates to about 1870 and is typical of the picket-style construction at early Fort Supply. Many of the picket buildings were later used for fire wood, but this and the Teamster's Cabin survived that fate.

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

Guard House

The 1892 Guard House was the only brick building built during the military occupation of Fort Supply, and is today the museum and crown jewel among the five military structures.

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Woodward, OK