In this part of Central Texas, public school districts were established as early as the 1870's. Schools were the Herman Seminary, St. Joseph, Boggy Branch, Zimmerscheidt, Brushy, Rocky Hill and Pin Oak. All of these consolidated with the Columbus Independent School District by 1958 or before. The Zimmerscheidt school house is one of the few one room school houses left in Texas.
Hours: Audio Driving Tour Only
Address: 10 miles north on Highway 109, Frelsburg
Come visit us in Columbus, Texas