The 1875 Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill is located on the Cottonwood River at Cedar Point. Flour was milled for the area and also shipped to Eastern bakeries until the 1937. O.H. Drinkwater was an avid abolitionist and the third settler in the county. He is credited with naming Cedar Creek and also the town of Cedar Point. He built a log dam across the Cottonwood River in 1867 and set up a sawmill. Joined by Peter Paul Schriver eight years later, he replaced both his mill and dam with stone structures and began milling flour.
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas