For no one knows how many hundreds of years, a brisk trickle of fresh mountain water has bubbled from the earth within what now are the city limits of Antlers.
Long before Civil War days, adventurers and Indians and stock traders used to halt in their day's prairie wanderings near this spring. It had a natural shelter of giant trees.
When the Frisco Railway came through in 1887, its direct route south came within 20 feet of this famous pioneering stopover station and campground.
Hunters used the spring and grounds as headquarters. On the trees, they nailed huge antlers, trophies of the deer they bagged. Automatically the spot became known as Antlers Spring.
The spring still flows today, as it did in early years - only a few steps from the center of enterprising, growing Antlers.
Address: Located in the park across from the Historic Depot
Come visit us in Oklahoma, Oklahoma