Barth Hall, the building on the corner of Kearney and McCellan Avenues, was the home in 1881 of the School of Application for Cavalry and Infantry, the predecessor of the Command and General Staff College.
The large building directly west of Barth Hall is known as the "Beehive." Built in 1882 as a barracks, the Beehive has undergone extensive renovation to house the National Simulations Center. The building earned its nickname in the 1920s when it housed officers with families of one or more children.
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas