In 1859, the firm of Russell, Majors, and Waddell constructed this Pony Express station on a low terrace overlooking the South Platte Rover. After the Pony Express ceased operation in 1861, Diamond Springs was a stage and freight station under the ownership of Ben Holladay.
A National Register of Historic Landmark, the station was closed in the wake of Indian attacks along the Platte valley in 1864-65, but reopened briefly until the construction of the Union Pacific Railroad in 1867 rendered stage travel obsolete.
Address: Brule Vicinity
Come visit us in Nebraska, Nebraska