This museum emphasizes the growth and development of Joplin as the result of mining in the Tri-State Mining District, primarily during the Victorian period. On display are assorted historic items from Joplin's mining era, including an extensive doll collection and the "Circus Room", a child's play house and a 1927 American LeFrance fire engine.
Admission: Free admission.
Hours: Hours: April through September, Tue - Sat: 10am to 4pm; Sunday, 1 to 4pm
October through April, Wed - Sat: 12 to 4pm; Sunday, 1 to 4pm
Address: Schifferdecker Park, 4th St. and Schifferdecker Ave
Open year round, Closed holidays.
Come visit us in Missouri, Missouri