The First Baptist Church was organized in Junction City on November5, 1865. This building was dedicated January 27, 1867, and served as the Baptist Church until the adjacent building was occupied in 1917. Under the stucco exterior are the original native limestone blocks.
The adjacent church was originally built in 1909 as the Modern Woodmen of America hall. The First Baptist church purchased this building in 1913, remodeled it and dedicated it on December 16, 1917. Additions to the south side of the building were made in 1949 and in 1983, and numerous interior and exterior remodelings have also taken place.
Address: 618 and 624 N. Jefferson
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas