The cannon located on the South lawn of the Courthouse is dated 1853 and with the forged stamp of AMES CO. FOUNDERS, CHICOPEE, MASS.
"This cannon was left at Fort O.K. August 22, 1865 by Major J.R. Curtis 'for the protection of the settlement against attack by Hostile Indians'."
Presented to Hall County March 1, 1897 under the act of Congress of May 22, 1896.
Address: West First and South Locust Streets
Come visit us in Nebraska, Nebraska