One of Pawnee Rock's oldest buildings is the former Knights of Pythias hall, which started out as an opera house and was one of the first buildings erected in Pawnee Rock after the railroad came through in 1872. The sandstone walls were made of stone taken from the outcrop north of town -- the real Pawnee Rock. Until the early 1960s a diner with a pressed-tin ceiling and jars of pickled pigs knuckles on the counter occupied the building. The building now houses an antique shop.
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas