This cabin was built in 1857 by the C.F. Wetzel family. In 1861, a Lutheran congregation was organized in this cabin and a missionary by the name of F.W. Lang used this cabin to lead worship services. The original site of the cabin was near Clark's Creek.
The cabin was restored in 1955 by the Lutheran Kansas Layman's League. In the past it had been maintained by the Kansas Lutheran Historical Society. The Geary County Historical Society has since taken over the ownership of it. The home has been moved twice in past years from it's original location and was moved to it's new home at the Spring Valley School Site in the spring of 2004.
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas